X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ConcreteTurtle
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2009

Viper Marine 15

I'm having some trouble with the BEC on the Mtroniks Viper Marine 15 "Plug 'n Play" ESC. Once the ESC is powered up at 6.6v (little red LED is on), the lead to the Rx shows only a small fluctuating voltage (mV).
    The slider switch was making intermittent connection, so I removed it and joined the wiring with solder. (I'll normally use connection to the whole subdriver to switch everything on and off.)

I've given it to a workmate who is a long time RC hobbyist, to see if he has any luck with a different voltage or battery. He also has a CRO to see what's coming out of the circuit.
    If nothing comes of this, what's the best next step to get things working?

Thanks again gents.
    CT.
  • mtroniks
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Apr 2009

Hi. Sorry for delay, home PC has been hijacked! Have brought work PC home. The ESC should be happy at 6.6V, although the red LED being on is a worry. I wrote the software that controls the ESC's behaviour and it only lights that LED on startup if it can't see a consistant signal. Are you absolutely sure the ESC's seeing a signal? ie, replace with servo & see if it acts...I don't understand what you say 'the lead to the Rx shows only a small fluctuating voltage (mV)the lead to the Rx shows only a small fluctuating voltage (mV)'. If the ESC is even lighting a LED it must have 5V internally, this is fed straight out to receiver. Are you sure you're referring to BEC output voltage? Steve.

Comment

Working...