X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anuci
    Banned
    • Aug 2008

Kudo's to you Kevin,

That's what is referred to as service with a smile.
    Tom, all is well that ends well. Remember there are 8 million stories in " The Naked City" or in this case, Sin City. : )

Al,

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

I love Sin City! Mel is my personal Savior!

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Kevin is a trooper! I was very surprised when he pm'd me and said he would be in town. That is fantastic service and demonstrates his his heart for this hobby.
        I know that someday, some poor schmoe will be wondering why his ADF2 is not working and will stumble onto this thread and be saved from humiliation and I will be a hero, until then ....... I am chuckling because last night I was joking with Kevin about what some of the comments I might receive.

id 10t RTFM
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

So ... we did not dissapoint?

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
            Admiral
            • Jul 2011

Yes David you did disappointed me, I expected some rip me a new one, ream me again for good measure, and step on me lashing, but I got grace from you. I thought I would get a not fit to sink a rock, go take up making poodle knit toilet paper covers or paper mache balloons. What's up with that? I got work on something even more stupid next time. ;-)
            If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• alad61
              Commander
              • Jan 2012

Mmm I don' t reckon I am far behind in the 'DOH!!' moments. After getting the trim, ballast n list issues sorted. I began testing and setting the running gear in a wet environ. Fairly straight forward with the adf set up correctly... unless I am attached to model, tx and rx. I had the crappiest time on getting the rear planes right. After some basic goofs I had made setting up the seaview adf I made triple and quadruply sure on the initial adf set up for the gato. Yet with the tub tests I was beside myself trying to get the rear planes in a good neutral. Ihad even redone the push rod and its couplings but still I couldn't get them to show anything but dive!!! By late evening after exhausting every setting on the tx I'd resigned to the fact of redoing the adf, changing the rx and reseating the servo arm for the push rod. Then it hit me fair between the eyes... with my investigations I was not just bringing my eyes level with the aft of the sub but I was tilting it up to get a better look. So of coarse the adf was trying to do what it was designed to do. Put the planes to rise which through my "efforts of adjustments was doing the opposite when the boat was back in the water on neutral boyancy.

I wasn't going to let on about my idiocy but Toms openess on his gaf gave me courage to reveal mine.

For the record Kevin gets an A+ on service from me as he happily fixed my mini pump control unit and shipped it back down under.
              Cheers,
              Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
              But to dream is a reality

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                Yes David you did disappointed me, I expected some rip me a new one, ream me again for good measure, and step on me lashing, but I got grace from you. I thought I would get a not fit to sink a rock, go take up making poodle knit toilet paper covers or paper mache balloons. What's up with that? I got work on something even more stupid next time. ;-)
                I'll get my hormones checked today.

David
                Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 06-07-2012, 12:28 PM. Reason: caught by the spelling-police
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by alad61
                  Mmm I don' t reckon I am far behind in the 'DOH!!' moments. After getting the trim, ballast n list issues sorted. I began testing and setting the running gear in a wet environ. Fairly straight forward with the adf set up correctly... unless I am attached to model, tx and rx. I had the crappiest time on getting the rear planes right. After some basic goofs I had made setting up the seaview adf I made triple and quadruply sure on the initial adf set up for the gato. Yet with the tub tests I was beside myself trying to get the rear planes in a good neutral. Ihad even redone the push rod and its couplings but still I couldn't get them to show anything but dive!!! By late evening after exhausting every setting on the tx I'd resigned to the fact of redoing the adf, changing the rx and reseating the servo arm for the push rod. Then it hit me fair between the eyes... with my investigations I was not just bringing my eyes level with the aft of the sub but I was tilting it up to get a better look. So of coarse the adf was trying to do what it was designed to do. Put the planes to rise which through my "efforts of adjustments was doing the opposite when the boat was back in the water on neutral boyancy.

I wasn't going to let on about my idiocy but Toms openess on his gaf gave me courage to reveal mine.

For the record Kevin gets an A+ on service from me as he happily fixed my mini pump control unit and shipped it back down under.
                  Now THAT is dumber than dirt, Alec. You win the dumb-ass contest.

In all fairness, I've done that same damn thing! And worse!

I only appear to be so smart here because I've done just about every bone-headed thing you can do in this Craft. So, don't any of you guys beat yourselves up (that's MY job!) over the occasional goof. It's part of the learning process.

And Like Tom and Alec, don't be shy about sharing your accomplishments and ****-ups. It's all good reading.

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    I'll get my harmones checked today.

David

While you're at it, get your spellchecker looked at too!
                    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Aug 2008

(oh, no!) See! I'm a dope.

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                        (oh, no!) See! I'm a dope.

David
                        I see you're not going to tidy up your mess, so I guess I'll have to do it - again!

Which would you prefer? Hormones, Hoarmones, or Whoremoans?
                        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Scott T
                          Commander
                          • May 2009

I thought he was refering to being in harmony with others and that was not normal. "Harmones" :wink:

Scott T

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Scott T
                            I thought he was refering to being in harmony with others and that was not normal. "Harmones" :wink:

Scott T
                            YEAH! What Scott just said!

In your face, Mr. Caswell!!!!

(where do I send the check, Scott?)

David
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                              Admiral
                              • Jul 2011

Oh my goodness....Let's all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya". What is happening to this place?
                              LOL, David and Mike, thank you for your sense of humor and Scott your pretty cool too!
                              Now (to quote David), lets all GET BACK TO WORK!

Comment

• Reckless
                                Lieutenant Commander
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Kazzer
                                Which would you prefer? Whoremoans?
                                .... wait... wheres THAT option for mail order on the site

my sub went BOOM today in the tub (literally) ... I'll have a proper write up in my build thread ... but yeah plenty of screws ups going round

Comment

Working...