X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

LiPo Guard not seeing 3s

My LiPo Guard is only showing 2 green bars instead of 3 with a fully charged battery pack. I tried two different batteries, the first a cheap one and also a Vislero. It has always shown two green bars, but I attributed that to the cheap battery. When my system went crazy, I bought the Vislero brand. Same issue. Any suggestions?
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
  • KevinMc
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Hi Tom,

Ok, first thing's first - when you say you're only getting 2 greens I'm assuming you're referring to the "voltage reading" and not the "cell count". (If your LiPo Guard isn't properly detecting that you've got a 3S battery we have much larger problems.)

Having confirmed the above I can see one of two possibilities - either your LiPo Guard has developped a problem or your charger isn't fully charging your LiPos. Do you have a voltmeter? Can you test to see what the voltage reading on your pack is? A fully charged 3S pack should have just shy of 12.6V across it. If you've got 12.6V and only 2 green LEDs than the problem is in the LiPo Guard. On the other hand your LiPo Guard may be telling you that your battery charger isn't fully charging your LiPos. Let me know what you find with the voltmeter and we'll figure out what to do next.

Originally posted by trout
    My LiPo Guard is only showing 2 green bars instead of 3 with a fully charged battery pack. I tried two different batteries, the first a cheap one and also a Vislero. It has always shown two green bars, but I attributed that to the cheap battery. When my system went crazy, I bought the Vislero brand. Same issue. Any suggestions?
    Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
    KMc Designs

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Thank you Kevin, I will get the information to you today!
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Kevin,
        I believe it is all me.....I do not believe I have been charging the batteries completely.
        Thank you for your patience.
        Peace,
        Tom

Comment

• KevinMc
          Commander
          • Feb 2009

No worries Tom, I'm just glad we got it sorted out.
          Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
          KMc Designs

Comment

Working...