X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robert lipsett
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Mar 2010

merriman please help me on the snort system

I wrote you an earlier question on the snort system in which you answered but your answer made no sense since the kit did not have the tubing you specified. it came with a few feet of 1/4 tubing and I have the large snort system. I can see how everything should be hooked up but the tubing is too large to fit on the fittings except for the pump itself. I have sent pictures of my problem in an earlier post asking about help with the snort system and I have sent you a priveate message requesting information on how to connect this hose to the fittings but you have ignored it for almost a week as if your first message should have answered my problem which it doesn't. because your first answer was so off the mark with what is included with the kit I am a little worried about augering out the fitting to go over the nipples of the subdriver, I am afraid that it will make the fit way too loose or leak air to greatly to be able to pump out the tank or it might let the tank fill with water while the ballast valve is closed. and if I use clear silicone to seal it then the ability to remove the end cap easily goes away. see picture for how much I would have to drill the holes out in previous postings in the forum
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Ellie's been out sick the last month. I'm just about settled in and ready to re-join work. I'll address your stuff (and others) just as soon as I can. Next week I think.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

I think the problem here is that we've ordered a different tube to fit the larger pump than David is familiar with. Its from Clippard, so spec me the right tube number David and I'll check it.
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by kazzer
        I think the problem here is that we've ordered a different tube to fit the larger pump than David is familiar with. Its from Clippard, so spec me the right tube number David and I'll check it.
        Here's the tube from the Clippard catalog:

It's 1/8"o.d, and 1/16"i.d. Urethane.

You make it compatible with the bigger LPB nipples by pressing into one end of the hose a heated 3/32" rod -- this 'anneals' the plastic and also enlarges the bore. When cool, the expanded end will now effect a tight fit around the LPB nipple.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• robert lipsett
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Mar 2010

david I understand with using the 1/16 but the kit came with 1/4. how do I make the 1/4 work? or should I just buy the new hose and forget about what came with the kit
          Last edited by robert lipsett; 06-20-2010, 05:34 PM. Reason: better question

Comment

• Aug 2008

Forget the 1/4" hose -- that's the wrong stuff. Send me your home address via e-mail and I'll send you the 1/8" stuff. How many feet do you need?

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• robert lipsett
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Mar 2010

if you look at my picture of the snort manifold in the other post. does that manifold look like I could auger it out enough to fit over the subdriver nipples or do you think it will leak too much. What should I do to solve this problemClick image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	58870

Comment

Working...