X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robert lipsett
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Mar 2010

snort systems installation problem

I am trying to install a snort system on a 2 shaft 3.5 wtc. The first problem is the manifold that you install on the ready inserted tubes for the wtc is spaced too far apart to go over the preinstalled tubes. Second problem is that the supplied hose has too big an inside diameter to fit tightly over the brass tubes on the manifolds or the inside tubes in the subdriver. how is the hose put on tightly? do I cut the grey small tubing up and put it over the brass tubes first and then put the black tubing over the grey? will this hold it snugly enough or am I missing something that holds it tightly together.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by robert lipsett
    I am trying to install a snort system on a 2 shaft 3.5 wtc. The first problem is the manifold that you install on the ready inserted tubes for the wtc is spaced too far apart to go over the preinstalled tubes. Second problem is that the supplied hose has too big an inside diameter to fit tightly over the brass tubes on the manifolds or the inside tubes in the subdriver. how is the hose put on tightly? do I cut the grey small tubing up and put it over the brass tubes first and then put the black tubing over the grey? will this hold it snugly enough or am I missing something that holds it tightly together.
    Robert,

Don't know about any 'black' tube, but it's the gray 1/16" i.d. flexible tube you make up to the 3/32" o.d. brass nipples. Use the same gray tube to make up to the LPB, you enlarge the bore of the flexible tube for those over-size LPB nipples by heating a 3/32" diameter wire to a moderate heat, inserting the wire into about 1/4" of hose, letting cool, then using the enlarged bore of the hose to tightly fit the big nipples of the LPB.

Bore out the holes in the motor bulkhead manifold till it will slip over the two nipples.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• robert lipsett
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Mar 2010

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	58824Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	58825

as you can see I was given the large black tubing which is several feet long. the grey tubing I was given with the kit as you can see is only a few inches long. I original thought and still do that it is probably a replacement length for the blow tube in the ballast tank. I have no idea how I am to make the black tubing work since it only fits over the nipples of the pump itself but is too loose on the nipples. Just so I understand you though you don't want me to bore out the holes on the back of the subdriver but you want me to auger out the holes on separate two nipple piece sitting on top of the subdriver so that it can slip over the two nipples coming out of the bulkhead of the subdriver?

Comment

Working...