• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Caswell 3/16" shaft seals des004

David,

These look like V-cup seals and I want to make sure I install them right. See my question below.

Bill

-------------------------------------
    Bill

I can’t remember which way round they go. I THINK it is with the brass on the inside, but then again, I seem to remember that Merriman said he uses O Rings, so it won’t make any difference.

Suggest you pose the question on Merriman’s forum
    D&E MINIATURES SUPPORT

Its a good question that a number of people would like to know the answer to.

Mike Caswell Join our new Model Makers Forum! http://forum.sub-driver.com

Hi Mike,

I just received my order this morning and need to confirm the proper direction for installing the seals. Does the bronze end go inboard and the seal end outboard?

Bill Rogers
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SSBN659
    David,

These look like V-cup seals and I want to make sure I install them right. See my question below.

Bill

-------------------------------------
    Bill

I can’t remember which way round they go. I THINK it is with the brass on the inside, but then again, I seem to remember that Merriman said he uses O Rings, so it won’t make any difference.

Suggest you pose the question on Merriman’s forum
    D&E MINIATURES SUPPORT

Its a good question that a number of people would like to know the answer to.

Mike Caswell Join our new Model Makers Forum! http://forum.sub-driver.com

Hi Mike,

I just received my order this morning and need to confirm the proper direction for installing the seals. Does the bronze end go inboard and the seal end outboard?

Bill Rogers

If it's got brass then you're looking at a shaft seal (not a pushrod seal). The cup seal is mounted with the brass (bushing) facing the dry-side.

Stop bothering me and build/assemble something, damit.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...