Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	98185Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	98186Having had no reply to the last post I have connected the LPB Pump and the vent valve to seperate channels, but now when I power up the LPB Pump is running all the time and does so even if disconnected from the Reciever, it runs a little faster when the green LED is lit, but runs at the same speed wether the red LED is lit or not, what might the problem be?

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Wait a minute. How could it be running if its disconnected from the receiver? It must have a relay thats stuck closed. Tell Dave to send you another LPB.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Check the end-points to the ballast channel. Should be 100% -- 100%. Keep posting. We'll get this thing worked out.

M
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

Hey Dave, I like your new Avatar from "Flight of the Phoenix". How appropriate. He was a designer of models as well.
          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by greenman407
            Hey Dave, I like your new Avatar from "Flight of the Phoenix". How appropriate. He was a designer of models as well.
            We were watching that flick the other night when Ellie hit the 'pause' button, leaned over in my direction and said, with a smirk, "Hey, round-eye: That German guy and the Pilot are better looking versions of you and Mr. Caswell".

Damn ... she's right.

Good-by Wynn. Hello Dorfman.

M
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• KevinMc
              Commander
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Jocurran
              Having had no reply to the last post I have connected the LPB Pump and the vent valve to seperate channels, but now when I power up the LPB Pump is running all the time and does so even if disconnected from the Reciever, it runs a little faster when the green LED is lit, but runs at the same speed wether the red LED is lit or not, what might the problem be?
              Awwww fooey - I knew I was forgetting about something, I'm sorry to have left you hanging.

I've done a bunch of looking around on the R118F receiver, but what I've turned up is limited. It's an older model, and many of those receivers had a higher current limiting resistor on their output drivers, which it probably causing a low output signal when two devices are connected to it.

As for your constantly running pump, that does sound like an output driver problem. I'm assuming the green LED you refer to is the one on the LPB. What red LED are you referring to?
              If it is a bad output driver I can fix that up for you. Check your PMs.
              Last edited by KevinMc; 04-11-2015, 08:23 PM. Reason: Added diagnostic questions.
              Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
              KMc Designs

Comment

• Jocurran
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Dec 2014

Have checked all the end points, these they at the moment are all 100%, you mention the ballast channel, you might recall that I am using 2 channels one for the LBP Pump and one for the ballast servo as they don't seem to work together with a Y lead

Comment

Working...