• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evildave42
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Nov 2012

Small Snort System Question

Hello,
    I recently purchased a Small Snort System to make my first static diving sub and maybe I'm just missing it but I was a little confused.

As I understand it, after purchasing a Small Snort System to fill the ballast tank with air, I will still need a solenoid valve (and it's controller) to release the air from the ballast tank, is this correct?
    If so, does this plug into another channel on my radio?

And if that is true, why not use a reversible pump for the Snort System? I understand that it can pump air or water and does not need a check valve so if it were reversible, the solenoid could be omitted, saving space in the WTC and significantly simplifying installation.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by evildave42
    Hello,
    I recently purchased a Small Snort System to make my first static diving sub and maybe I'm just missing it but I was a little confused.

As I understand it, after purchasing a Small Snort System to fill the ballast tank with air, I will still need a solenoid valve (and it's controller) to release the air from the ballast tank, is this correct?

If so, does this plug into another channel on my radio?

And if that is true, why not use a reversible pump for the Snort System? I understand that it can pump air or water and does not need a check valve so if it were reversible, the solenoid could be omitted, saving space in the WTC and significantly simplifying installation.
    Correct, that or a servo to open/close the vent valve.

Just one channel -- moving the stick to the right turns on the LPB and keeps the vent valve shut; stick centered and the LPB is off and the vent is shut; move the stick to the left and the LPB remains off and the vent valve opens. Simply put a Y lead from ch-4 of the receiver and split that output to the LPB's MPC and vent servo. Simple as cake.

Because our pump can push air AND water without getting hammered.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• evildave42
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Nov 2012

Cool, thanks.

You mean a Y splitter just like the ones I use for ailerons in my airplanes and then just program my controller for it right? Havn't done that before, should be interesting to give it a try. (I wonder what other diabolical things I could do with that and my 6ch radio)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by evildave42
        Cool, thanks.

You mean a Y splitter just like the ones I use for ailerons in my airplanes and then just program my controller for it right? Havn't done that before, should be interesting to give it a try. (I wonder what other diabolical things I could do with that and my 6ch radio)
        No, no .... I mean a parallel set of output plugs that come out of the fail-safe circuit, the same signal that comes out of the fail-safe is sent to two different devices. on board or at the transmitter; o mixing of two to make a third. Just a way to get two different devices to respond to the same commands from the transmitter or device.

To further explain: the Y lead is like a normal servo lead extension, but with two parallel wired output plugs.

Mixing is done when you have to resolve left-right, up-down commands to two servos that have to integrate that stick logic to that of an X-tail arrangement.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...