X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lance
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2009

Seaview Subdriver vent valve

Help! I've had a sticky vent valve on my Seview Sub-Driver for a while now. I would remedy it by removing the vent and stretching the rubber valve and reseal it. That worked until this weekend when I was getting the hardware ready for the San Francisco Fun-Run taking place in two weeks and pulled the rubber valve off the housing. What adhesive is used to secure the two items? Are replacement valves available?

Lance
  • Lance
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jan 2009

San Francisco Fun-Run & Seaview Issues

Dave,
    I got your message on providing an mailing address for the vent valve but your inbox is full. Is there another way I can send you my address?
    I went to the San Francisco Fun-run a few weeks back. Had a great time as usual. I was happy to have some company with other Seaviews this year. Jeff Porteous brought his Teskey Seaview and we got some run time together. I'll attach some pictures. My Seaview was very slow to flood the ballast tank due to the sticky vent valve but she ran well otherwise, except for a troublesome motor that finally quit at the end of the day. I had a couple of spares at home and tried following the instructions found in the Cabal reports provided there. (thanks!) Unfortunately, I ruined both motors trying to replace the short shaft with the longer Seaview shaft. In addition to the vent valve could you also throw in a couple of Seaview motors with the shaft installed? I will gladly pay for the items and shipping.

Thanks,

Lance

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01029.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	65002Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01044.JPG
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	65003Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01047.JPG
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	65004Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01048.JPG
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	65005Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01049.JPG
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	65006Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01050.JPG
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	65007Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01051.JPG
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	65008

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

I'll get those items to you right away lance. E-mail me your address.

David,
      Last edited by Kazzer; 11-07-2011, 09:00 AM.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Lance
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Jan 2009

Thanks Dave, you've got mail.

Lance

Comment

• Lance
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Jan 2009

Dave,
          I received the items you sent and have installed them into my Seaview. They work great! I've only tub tested the Sub-driver but it's working better than it has in a long time. Thanks for you help! Now on to other projects, I just got a Revell Gato and Type VII for my winter project and have ordered the Caswell conversion kits. I'll read up on the Cabal Reports and view your how-to discs when they come in.

Thanks,

Lance

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Go get 'em, Lance!
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...