• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george
    Captain
    • Dec 2010

FM Radio Crystal Question

Hello

I have a Futaba Dual Conversion FM 75Mhz Radio. Can a set of Futaba Compatible Single Conversion Crystals work with my TX and RX? What issues can arise?
    Thanks in advance for your help/lessons.

George
  • SubDude
    Captain
    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by george
    Hello

I have a Futaba Dual Conversion FM 75Mhz Radio. Can a set of Futaba Compatible Single Conversion Crystals work with my TX and RX? What issues can arise?

George
    They will not work. You must have dual conversion crystals.

Comment

• Sinksalot
      Commander
      • Mar 2020

Originally posted by george
      Hello

George
      Hi there, for the most part Steve is correct. Ok this is how they work, Futaba transmitters only use a TX crystal which is not a Dual conversion. It just a normal crystal for Futaba transmitters. however alot of Futaba receivers are Dual conversion and as Steve said require a 75mhz Dual conversion crystal. But only the receiver uses the dual conversion crystal. Now you can use single conversion 75mhz receivers that are Futaba compatible with Futaba transmitters and those use a normal 75mhz single conversion crystal. The 6 channel 75mhz receiver Bob sells will work with Futaba transmitters, just need to buy a set of Futaba 75mhz FM single conversion crystal set for it on ebay.

Comment

• george
        Captain
        • Dec 2010

Ah, Thank you for the lesson. Sorry if this was a repeat. Not sure where I can get affordable Futaba Dual Conversion FM Crystals. Ebay, they are rare and from Futaba the S&H to Canada is ridiculously high. Will keep my eyes open for them. George

Comment

• cheapsub
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Dec 2019

All dual conversion conversion RX crystal are the same, futaba, hitec and airtronics.
          multiplex long story.....

Have some stashes of lower frequency of airtronics dual conversion crystal. Want to try you luck?

JR RX are single. It will also works on futaba (-) shift . Nice for small sub.

Comment

• george
            Captain
            • Dec 2010

Hi Cheapsub. Thank you for your reply and ALL your old replies with lessons. Sorry for my late reply. Sidetracked with older parents health issues. My mind has been off of hobbies because of that but SLOWLY coming back here. Can you give me a bit of time to rethink what I was looking for?
            Thanks
            George

Comment

Working...