X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakeHobbyRC
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Dec 2019

Futuba 40 MHz for under water use?

Hi, I am pretty sure I was told 40MHz RC and receiver works through and under water (at least.. 5-8m). I have found an old Futuba Remote Control and receiver for sale, but it mentions (surface use only). Can that mean it might not work under water? Or not? I thank you very much for your help! Best
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

40MHz has not (to my knowledge) ever been a legal frequency here in the US of A. That being said, it is a great frequency for a submarine and is used in the UK and other European countries.
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
      40MHz has not (to my knowledge) ever been a legal frequency here in the US of A. That being said, it is a great frequency for a submarine and is used in the UK and other European countries.
      I believe it's legal here if you have a HAM ticket. Not absolutely sure, so need some fact-checking on that statement.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• JHapprich
        Captain
        • Oct 2017

40mhz is the standard here in germany and works well in air/surface/water.

Jörg (fixing leaks on soviet nukes)

Comment

• MakeHobbyRC
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by JHapprich
          40mhz is the standard here in germany and works well in air/surface/water.

Jörg (fixing leaks on soviet nukes)
          Hi thanks! What surface water? how deep down? (I only a few meters...) ;) thanks!

Comment

• MakeHobbyRC
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Dec 2019

What about a 35.125MHz TX RX? I think this frequency works under water... But it was on my RC Helicopter so the Esky EK2-0702 receiver is made for 2 servos and 2 motors (both rotating in one unique direction), but I would like to use 2 motors with reverse option (backwards and forwards..). Is that possible please? Can we program a esky receiver for this? Thanks so much!!

Comment

Working...