X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hicksy
    Ensign
    • Oct 2017

Linkage from front planes

I purchased a 24" tube for the linkage of the front planes of a V11 sub. What linkage do I use inside the tube to move the planes from the servo?
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Hicksy
    I purchased a 24" tube for the linkage of the front planes of a V11 sub. What linkage do I use inside the tube to move the planes from the servo?
    I'm not clear what you mean by, 'tube'.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Hicksy
      Ensign
      • Oct 2017

I received from BoB Martin some parts for my sub I ordered some linkage from the back of the sub to go to the front planes and I received a plastic tube with a liner inside but I don't know what kind of linkage to put inside the tube to connect the servo to the front dive planes. Tom

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Hicksy
        I received from BoB Martin some parts for my sub I ordered some linkage from the back of the sub to go to the front planes and I received a plastic tube with a liner inside but I don't know what kind of linkage to put inside the tube to connect the servo to the front dive planes. Tom
        I'm not familiar with the product, but sounds like the old model airplane Ni-Rod. Contact Bob and have him work this out for you.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
          Welcome to my underwater realm!
          • Aug 2009

We got it figured. I sent along some GoldenRod to extend linkages from the rear to the front of the boat. I typically like to put front and rear planes on separate outputs, but for those will less experience in modifying cylinders or building custom linkages, running an extension aft to front works as well, provided you can make it operate with little friction, which can get tricky, especially in the little boats that some of you insanity-ridden bubbleheads insist on running.

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

If you want a low friction bowden cable for a small boat, you can purchase ptfe tubing off of ebay for low money (used a lot as a filament guide in FDM type 3d printers) and run either stainless steel rod or stainless hypodermic tubing inside.

Comment

Working...