X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mcgowan1
    Lieutenant
    • Feb 2013

Deep Puffer Rescue Tug 690.

A greeting to fellow sailors and submariners.
    As some of you know I have a nice fleet of surface warships (The submarine is coming).
    I hate swimming so I converted a cheapie into my rescue vessel. She has a 540 water cooled electric motor with working search lights, deck lighting and a crew to help. I keep her ready and if a mishap happens out she goes. Rescue is achieved by a length of
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140222_130648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	103046Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140222_130702.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	103047Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140222_130723.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	103048
    Fishing line, a fishing floast and a sinker, works great. She has plenty of pulling power and I am going to order a smoke unit to have the two funnels working. I will wire to esc so smoke is in proportion to throttle. - cheers McGowan1.
    Love is a Nimitz.
  • Harquebus
    Ensign
    • Nov 2011

That's a Dickie Tug / Seaport Work boat, right? I love seeing these conversions and this one is fantastic, looking like a navy tug and all. I love how easily they are transformed into a more realistic tug. The basic shape is right and proportional to these types of modern tractor tug or a more conventional type propulsion with Kort nozzle. Fine work and if you see this late reply, hope you have the time to show us how it looks on the water sometime.

~Harq

Comment

Working...