Hello shipmates, just advising that I have converted Nimitz to the twin Vector drive system. I have yet to put her into the water for testing but OK in the bath tub. I had to reduce battery power to 7.2v but might have to drop her down to 6v if she moves too quickly as throttle does not permit slow. I will post pictures soon.
Hello Shipmates, I thought I might make a start re the Nimitz and her build. If I am in the wrong section of the forum perhaps the moderators will fix it up and position it correctly.
Lets start with a History of Nimitz so we know what is happening and a few pictures of the actual carrier.
USS Nimitz (CVN-68)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LUSS Nimitz (CVN-68) is a supercarrier of the United States Navy, and is the lead ship of her class. She is one of the largest warships in the world. She was laid down, launched and commissioned as CVAN-68 but was redesignated CVN 68 (nuclear-powered multimission aircraft carrier) on 30 June 1975 as part of the fleet realignment of that year.
The ship was named for World War II Pacific fleet commander Chester W. Nimitz, who was the navy’s third fleet admiral. Unlike all subsequent Nimitz class aircraft carriers, Nimitz only uses her namesake's surname as is common for military officers. She is also the first carrier of her class and the most recent supercarrier in service not to be named for someone who held elected office in the United States.
Nimitz was homeported at Naval Station Norfolk until 1987, when she was relocated to Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, Washington. Following her Refueling and Complex Overhaul in 2001, her homeport was changed to NAS North Island in San Diego, California. Nimitz home port was again changed toEverett, Washington in 2012. This move is expected to save the navy $100 million.[3]
I have been working away at Nimitz for a while now. As I live in Outback Queensland my closes town with any sort of decent Hobby shop is approx 500 kilometres away from me so using the auctions I have to wait at least 2 - 3 weeks for orders for things such as paint and other modelling implements. This causes delays in the build and also drives me insane haha.
Anyhow I will post some earlier pictures of Nimitz from the start of her build.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18887[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18888[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18889[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18890[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18891[/ATTACH]
These pictures were the start of the Carrier. You will note the F14's sitting on the rear of the Flight deck. I have modelled Nimitz going through a transitional phase of her career and she is not the version that Trumpeter released as standard but I have upgraded the Aircraft keeping up to date with the 90's onwards.
I will leave it at that for the moment and start to take pictures of how she is now progressing since these photographs were taken. - Thank you - Armo
Lets start with a History of Nimitz so we know what is happening and a few pictures of the actual carrier.
USS Nimitz (CVN-68)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
The ship was named for World War II Pacific fleet commander Chester W. Nimitz, who was the navy’s third fleet admiral. Unlike all subsequent Nimitz class aircraft carriers, Nimitz only uses her namesake's surname as is common for military officers. She is also the first carrier of her class and the most recent supercarrier in service not to be named for someone who held elected office in the United States.
Nimitz was homeported at Naval Station Norfolk until 1987, when she was relocated to Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, Washington. Following her Refueling and Complex Overhaul in 2001, her homeport was changed to NAS North Island in San Diego, California. Nimitz home port was again changed toEverett, Washington in 2012. This move is expected to save the navy $100 million.[3]
I have been working away at Nimitz for a while now. As I live in Outback Queensland my closes town with any sort of decent Hobby shop is approx 500 kilometres away from me so using the auctions I have to wait at least 2 - 3 weeks for orders for things such as paint and other modelling implements. This causes delays in the build and also drives me insane haha.
Anyhow I will post some earlier pictures of Nimitz from the start of her build.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18887[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18888[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18889[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18890[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18891[/ATTACH]
These pictures were the start of the Carrier. You will note the F14's sitting on the rear of the Flight deck. I have modelled Nimitz going through a transitional phase of her career and she is not the version that Trumpeter released as standard but I have upgraded the Aircraft keeping up to date with the 90's onwards.
I will leave it at that for the moment and start to take pictures of how she is now progressing since these photographs were taken. - Thank you - Armo
Leave a comment: