X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scarecrow7087
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
    I built this ship in 1978 or 1979 . You did a much better job than I on detailing her out. I wish I knew where the photos were of it, but I ran it in a small pond in Roanoke, VA. On the day I brought my camera, there was a breeze and I thought for sure it would be rough sailing with all that choppy water. The Yamato just seemed to slice through it. In fact, looked more realistic!
    come to Yorba Linda Park (Anaheim) this Saturday (1/13/18) several guys are getting together to run some subs and there are always several surface runners. It would be great to meet you and to see your Yamato up close!
    The photos were taken on the lake at Fairmont Park in Riverside. So meeting up in Anaheim (or most any place in the L.A. area could very easily happen. I will post when I will be home in the future. The wife and I drive truck from Cali to Boston and back each week. We do four round trips then take a whole week off. So I am normally home every fifth week. Unfortunately my next time off is not scheduled for another two weeks.
    My current project is the HMS Hood in 1/200. Which is weird. I seem to be modeling ships whose ultimate demise was a catastrophic explosion!
    Last edited by Scarecrow7087; 01-12-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

I will keep you in the loop as far as when we run.....It is every other month and not set in stone on what day. It will be great to meet up and get you connected to some amazing people.
      Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Scarecrow7087
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Aug 2008

Great and thank you. I will also keep you posted as to when I am at the house. So we can co-ordinate. I have been going to the lake at Fairmont Park in the hope of meeting up with modelers from a local club but, very few of them ever show up.

Comment

• a1965l
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Apr 2020

I too have started down this path. I purchased a partial Yamato from a seller in Hong Kong on ebay. I also bought the Fujimi superstructure kit, as the existing was damaged. My intention is to build it as Musashi, as launched. To that end I found another set of sprue for the 6" secondary turrets. Also using the Fujimi superstructure I'll only use the center portion. Here's her state as of today, resplendent in her Kure arsenal gray finish. Still much to do...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220615_204546-X3.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	168980
          "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

Comment

• cheapsub
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Dec 2019

My still in the box. :(

Comment