1/72 "snowberry" corvette.. RC model conversion.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reckless
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2012

and further along ...

... after all this lil stuff... I think Tug and Nuke sub are my next projects... lol

Comment

• Reckless
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jan 2012

threw some color at it ... lotsa touch up gonna be needed but layed down color...

and then started building more... heres where I had to stop for the night, eyes need a rest

Comment

• Reckless
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jan 2012

more progress... been picking at it over the last few days. build .. paint... build .. paint... repeat.. hehe..

with any luck I'll have all the model kit details on by the weekend... then it's just pick up some brass rod and build railing that can take a little more punishment then the stocker kit plastic...
        then final trimming and she's done! ... hopefully I'll be posting finished, on the water cruising pictures next weekend :D

Comment

• Reckless
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jan 2012

anyways... here she is "done" for now... gonna get some run time in and see just how seaworthy she is before I go nuts on the rigging

with any luck Sunday I'll have some water shots :D

Comment

• oztruck
            Commander
            • May 2010

Looking Good. There is a lot of detail there.

Comment

• Reckless
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Jan 2012

so little rainy.. little choppy... but I managed to get it out for awhile ... even managed to find a slightly sedate moment to snap a pic
              spent about an hour in the water and was pitched and rolled all over the place.

ended up with around 2 tbsp's of water in the hull ... but considering I buried the bow up to the gun a few times more then I was comfortable with for a first real run, I'm quite happy with that little amount of water inside.

Comment

• oztruck
                Commander
                • May 2010

On overcast days that camo works well. It would be very hard to see at 120 feet away looks great.

Comment

• Reckless
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jan 2012

thanks... the hull needs a little more paintwork... maybe.... the waterline isn't straight as can see in pictures of it finally running on a calm pond LOL .. it curves up a little at the bow... making it look bow high but it's not...

even got a shot of it with a much larger scale scratch built snowberry

Comment

Working...