X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 598602G
    Captain
    • Jan 2017

1/100 Kara Class Cruiser

Back at it again in the mold making dept. Got tired of making sub molds. Sorry guys. Must have made about 8 sub molds. Going to make molds for Soviet Coldwar Warships. First up for the hull mold is a 1/100 Kara Class Cruiser. Big dude at 68" long. I got a bunch of plans from a guy named Mick Elst from Australia. Plans are super detailed. Each plan for each boat comes with super detailed drawings of everything on the deck. You name it the drawings booklet has it. Each booklet for every ship ranges between 60-100 pages. How cool would it be to have a 1/100 Soviet warship to go along with your `1/96 sub? I will be glassing the Kara hull plug this weekend so molds for that will be done soon. Here is the list of warship plans I have.
    Soveremeny, Slava, Kynda 1, 2 & 3, Nanuchka 1, 2 & 3. Ropucha, Tarantul 2 &3, Osa 2, Neustrashimy, Kirov, Kara, Udaloy, Kashin 2, Kresta 1 & 2, Krivak 1, 2 & 3,
    Attached Files
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

You do good work, sir. This is an outfit that would kill for these Russian target hulls in 1/100 and/or 1/96: Warship Models Underway Message Board 2.2.3 - Index (mysite.com)
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
      Captain
      • Jan 2017

Skimmers would be easier for me to make. Have a local city park with a nice pond close. Thing is murky and not deep enough for a sub. Also the highly detailed plan/drawings booklet would make a detailed Russian warship. Perfect to do 3D printing from the to scale 3 and 4 view drawings.

Comment

• CC Clarke
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Aug 2020

MK-48 bait!

Comment

• 598602G
          Captain
          • Jan 2017

Subroc bait

Comment

• Aug 2008

Touché!....
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• a1965l
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Apr 2020

Tim! Nice to see you back at it! I still haven't even touched the Charlie.. still reeling from what the USPS did to it.
              "It does not take so many words to speak the truth" Chief Joseph

Comment

• 598602G
                Captain
                • Jan 2017

That was a total disaster. Just had plans printed for the 1/50 Nanuchka III. Think I will make those molds first. Kara plug I should be glassing this weekend. I think the Missile Corvette would be pretty cool.

Comment

• 598602G
                  Captain
                  • Jan 2017

Pic of a Nanuchka III.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• 598602G
                    Captain
                    • Jan 2017

What's up you old DBF puke. When you guys going to build something that just blows what hair you have left back. I am working on a 1/72 Akula I. A 1/72 Echo II and soon a 1/72 Hotel II. Will almost have the HEN in HEN. And you thought I was going to build skimmers only?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
                      What's up you old DBF puke. When you guys going to build something that just blows what hair you have left back. I am working on a 1/72 Akula I. A 1/72 Echo II and soon a 1/72 Hotel II. Will almost have the HEN in HEN. And you thought I was going to build skimmers only?
                      Holy-****! The Kraken has awaken... someone, quick, notify the Shore-Patrol!

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 598602G
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2017

Put the Kraken pipe down

Comment

• 598602G
                          Captain
                          • Jan 2017

Glassing the Akula and Echo hull plug this week. Akula is a beam hog. 60" long with a 7.5" beam. What a sow. Echo is svelt. 63" with a tad over 5" beam.

Comment

Working...