• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plastic66
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jun 2009

Tube size clarification for Snort System

Dave,

In my Seaview fittings kit I received some gray tubeing size 1/8" O.D. 1/16" I.D. part # URH1- 0402 from Clippard. I am to use this on the pump jets to dog bones.

If I want to install a snort system on my Seaview, Gato or Kilo would I use this gray 1/8" tubeing or use the 5/32" O.D. 3/32" I.D part # URTL-0503 from Clippard.

Just want to get the right stuff for the snort systems on my subs.

Thank you
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

tubing

Didn't your snort pump come with some black hose. Use that. You may have to use a hot nail or brass to open the black tubing a little. But it works.

Look at the bottom of the forum page. You'll see some threads on snort tubing.
    Last edited by pjdog; 06-24-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• plastic66
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jun 2009

pj, no tubeing, all I have is the pump. I just found a thread on it. One member is useing the 1/16" gray tubeing which makes sense, since it will go directly to all the 1/16" brass tubeing on the SD. If I used the bigger gray tubing, it would not fit to the 1/16" as good I assume, that is the reason for my question.

I know Dave gave out a part # on this, and was a bit confused because I never seen or installed a snort system before.

I am hoping to get out to one of the sub outings where Dave hangs out and meet other people and see all this r/c stuff and have it make sense. I need to dig deeper than the internet.
      Last edited by plastic66; 06-24-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by plastic66
        pj, no tubeing, all I have is the pump. I just found a thread on it. One member is useing the 1/16" gray tubeing which makes sense, since it will go directly to all the 1/16" brass tubeing on the SD. If I used the bigger gray tubing, it would not fit to the 1/16" as good I assume, that is the reason for my question.

I know Dave gave out a part # on this, and was a bit confused because I never seen or installed a snort system before.

I am hoping to get out to one of the sub outings where Dave hangs out and meet other people and see all this r/c stuff and have it make sense. I need to dig deeper than the internet.

The same gray tube I use on the LPB is the stuff I use as the lead between the on-board bottle and blow valve. It's also the stuff used as a universal joint between the pump-jet rotor shaft and intermediate shaft in the SEAVIEW.

It fits everything but the nipples on the LPB pump face -- you enlarge the inside diameter of the gray tube using the hot-nail trick sited above.

I'll be at this years SubRegatta in Carmel ... but for some strange (likely nefarious) reason I'm not on the symposium speakers roster. Politics, me thinks.

David
        Attached Files
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• plastic66
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Jun 2009

I'll get me some of the 1/16" tubeing. Indiana is a little too far for me to travel this year.
          Last edited by plastic66; 06-25-2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

I'll get me some of the 1/16" tubeing. Indiana is a little too far for me to travel this year.
            Keep in mind that that gray flexible hose has an inside diameter of 1/16", and an outside diameter of 1/8". The tube (brass) has an outside diameter of 3/32" -- this makes for a tight fit when you slip the hose over the tube.

Just want you to understand the dimensions involved here.

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
              Commander
              • Apr 2009

Indiana

I love Indiana. Lived in Indianapolis for 31 years. Hated to leave.

Jack

Comment

• plastic66
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Jun 2009

Dave,

I tried the 1/8" O.D. tubeing that was provided in my Seaview fittings kit on the small pump. It is a tight fit, but I was able to slip it completely over the nipples with ease, I just kept the tubeing in my hands and the heat softened it up a bit. So I will need not the nail trick to slip it on.

Also, on the Seaview SD, you provide two 1/16" brass tubes for the snort ststem and that has the 1/8" O.D. tubeing on it formimg a loop. Is not the rest of the snort system useing 1/16" brass tubeing only?

So, If I had a an O.D. 3/32" brass tube and put 3/32" I.D. plastic tubeing over it, would it not be too loose?

The photos you provided here of the pump motor, is that 1/8" O.D. tubeing? Looks like it is, that's what I am going with.

Dave, one more thing. When I said I was getting some of the 1/16" tubeing, I meant 1/8" O.D. tubeing.
                Last edited by plastic66; 06-25-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Dave,

I tried the 1/8" O.D. tubeing that was provided in my Seaview fittings kit on the small pump. It is a tight fit, but I was able to slip it completely over the nipples with ease, I just kept the tubeing in my hands and the heat softened it up a bit. So I will need not the nail trick to slip it on.

Also, on the Seaview SD, you provide two 1/16" brass tubes for the snort ststem and that has the 1/8" O.D. tubeing on it formimg a loop. Is not the rest of the snort system useing 1/16" brass tubeing only?

So, If I had a an O.D. 3/32" brass tube and put 3/32" I.D. plastic tubeing over it, would it not be too loose?

The photos you provided here of the pump motor, is that 1/8" O.D. tubeing? Looks like it is, that's what I am going with.

Dave, one more thing. When I said I was getting some of the 1/16" tubeing, I meant 1/8" O.D. tubeing.

Let's settle on common nomenclature: 'Tube' means stiff (3/32"od) brass tube. 'Hose' means flexible gray (1/16"id, 1/8"od) hose

You slipped HOSE over the two nipples on the LPB compressor.

There are no 1/16" brass tubes anywhere on my SD's. Just 3/32".

3/32"id hose slipped over 1/32"od tube is a sloppy fit.

David,
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• plastic66
                    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                    • Jun 2009

Dave,

Good, it's all cleared up in my head now. Let's move up ward and onward now. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and your concerns that I understood all you said. You explain everything very well, you are a good man Dave.

Shawn

Comment

• Aug 2008

Dave,

Good, it's all cleared up in my head now. Let's move up ward and onward now. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and your concerns that I understood all you said. You explain everything very well, you are a good man Dave.

Shawn
                      Good man?! .... I'm a frig'n God!

Clarity is the essence of success.

David,
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...