X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

im back

well im back..had a life get in the way,had to redo my roof,buils a 2000 Saturn sl1 for my oldest daughter to learn to drive on and have for her own..help my mom through a cornea trans plant surgery and post op...but I have made some progress

1 fixed the servo stutter that was plaguing my wtc for my vIIc..the answer was 2 separate things..the 1st was hwsnbm sent me a new esc..the twitching left my bow planes and rudder but I still had gliching on my ballest servo and stern planes...swapped out my lipogard,tried a ferrite ring around the servo lead to the ballest..no change..anything above 1/3rd throttle ahead or astern caused a twitching enough to blow gas&vent making me go negative..tried the wfly reciver instead of the lepton....no change..this narrowed it down to eather the adf2 or servos.. so having nothing to loose I went through the adf2 setup proceedures again..after several false starts I made it completely through and after setting the sensitivity level to 1 the twitchs are gone.. and the sternplanes&vent/blow servos are rock solid to full military power.now onto the lpb....if I could make a suggestion..if the next time hewhoshallnotbenamed is setting up a new sub in the drydock perhaps a video of the set up of an adf could be taken showing start to done...the set up directions while semi clear..operate off the assumption you have an idea of what you are doing and looking for in the change of modes and set up...while I was out of practice having taken a yr off that may have caused some of the issue but I thought it would be very helpful to the beginners....

that being said I have again a few questions

1 I ordered 2 new fittings kits cuz you never know when a rouge savanna kitten will depthcharge your sub off the workbench..the new kits I got had square holes in the stern planes my origanls were round..an improvement?change?????again a great shout out to casswell&hwsnbn..sent me replacements for damaged parts instead of having to buy a new fittings kit..i did buy 2 more cuz I learned my lesson...once again many thanks for the spares you sent....

2 was there any reference point or marking you used to mark the wtc so when you superglue the lpb pipe blocks to the wtc it will go up the ft periscope housing???or is it just a poke and hope...after I get those done I will have questions about trimming...might I request someont take a video the next time the master is doing trimming...

many thanks

shane
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

"rouge savannah kittens huh?!! There outa be a Law against it! How about a wife who would religiously dust all my models and "accidentally" break of a periscope or something important...................everytime.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Sounds like an all girl pop group.
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• satlite440
        Lieutenant Commander
        • Jul 2012

worst part is he is only 9 months old and 19 lbs...and still growing

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

That is not a cat! That is a Lynx cub!
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...