Instructional DVD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Yes! Tell Charles I said hello -- he was one of the good ones at the IPMS E-Board. Got things done and always followed through. A good man. I ran two of the National IPMS symposiums our chapter hosted and worked with Charles on at least one occasion in regards a National contest done here in Virginia Beach.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• modelnut
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Jun 2011

Done. I just sent Charles an email with your greeting. With our schedules we probably won't meet face-to-face again until our next club meeting the last week in March.

- Leelan

Comment

• KURT250
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Jul 2012

Dave, your correct about the loss of shop classes. here in Idaho there are good paying jobs as machinists, welders and electricians. they pay well and go unfilled because our school system has taken it upon itself to reduce the wood shop, electric, shop and machine shops out of our school system. were all going to be computer morons. i have a high school kid who helps me around the house now and then . He has the mechanical sense of a full grown rubber plant. this policy our school system has adapted is going to ruin us as builders. kurt250
        Last edited by Kazzer; 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM. Reason: spell checker broken

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

You forget lawyers and accountants. Everyone wants to be one of those! Of course, if we cleaned up our corporate laws, and tax system, we could fire three quarters of them. And then there's pot. More folks in jail for a joint in their turn-ups, it would be a shame to lighten up on that. These poor lawyers would simply hate it.
          And lets not forget immigration law. Oh! Dear! What a fiasco that is.

There, I feel better now.
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Snipah
            Lieutenant
            • Jul 2012

Ok here is a good one, If you are doing it again Hire a leggy good looking actress :-)
            You will sell more hehehehe

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Kazzer
              You forget lawyers and accountants. Everyone wants to be one of those! Of course, if we cleaned up our corporate laws, and tax system, we could fire three quarters of them. And then there's pot. More folks in jail for a joint in their turn-ups, it would be a shame to lighten up on that. These poor lawyers would simply hate it.
              And lets not forget immigration law. Oh! Dear! What a fiasco that is.

There, I feel better now.

Here's my dream ticket: Robert Heinlein-Ayn Rand

High body-count initially once the Welfare Cheese stopped flowing. The responsible people remaining would do great things; we would be on Mars and stepping out to the far points of the System within ten years!

Dust off the Orion program (the nuclear one, not that one-giant-step-backwards NASA red-headed, *******, step-child Bush started), set up camp at Jack-Ass Flats, issue everyone within a hundred mile radius welding goggles, and lets gets some meaningful payload pushed into orbit!

Permit our underachievers and welfare types to starve in the streets. Let them enjoy the consequences of their stupidity, sloth, and laziness.

Get GreenPeace, Sierra Club, PIETA, and the other cry-baby, backwards-looking associations out of our face (and Federal OSHA and other government roadblocks that kill initiative and productivity, get them out of the way too). Those closet anarchists, private and government, who see all who strive to do great things as, 'evil'.

Privatize the schools -- and make them useful; in tune with the demands of the work-force. No more Black-History month, fill that sucking chest-wound of a void with shop classes taught by Professionals, Masters in their respective trades (not drunk, useless gym-class bums unfit to teach anything else). Dress and conduct code the order of the day at these Institutions of learning. And impose flogging on those who do not abide by established standards -- and put such specticals on CCTV for all to watch. Never waste an opportunity to educate the little *******s ...

David

(hey!, what do you know! ... I feel better now too!)
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                Here's my dream ticket: Robert Heinlein-Ayn Rand

High body-count initially once the Welfare Cheese stopped flowing. The responsible people remaining would do great things; we would be on Mars and stepping out to the far points of the System within ten years!

.......................BLAH BLAH BLAH --.......................s in their respective trades (not drunk, useless gym-class bums unfit to teach anything else). Dress and conduct code the order of the day at these Institutions of learning. And impose flogging on those who do not abide by established standards -- and put such specticals on CCTV for all to watch. Never waste an opportunity to educate the little *******s ...

David

(hey!, what do you know! ... I feel better now too!)
                HMMM I find little wrong with this, except, it will never happen!
                Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• KURT250
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Jul 2012

you know that movie, "atlas shrugged, part 1" really looked into this p.c. industry planning. good movie and looking forward to vol. 2. kurt250

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by KURT250
                    you know that movie, "atlas shrugged, part 1" really looked into this p.c. industry planning. good movie and looking forward to vol. 2. kurt250

Read the book. Heavy sledding, but worth the effort. Rand's, Anthem, is a quick read and will give you a good insight into Rand's thinking on social responsibility. In short, that no man should be a slave to another.

David
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...