X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biggsgolf
    Captain
    • Jan 2020

Cold water Scum

What does cold water beige/brown scum look like? Need for Type XXIII scum line.
  • goshawk823
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Oct 2010

I used raw umber, titanium white, and a bit of burnt umber interspersed along the waterline. Some payne’s gray and white will give you a grey with a bit of a blue tint. I’d add a bit of that gray in places as well. I used a fan blender brush with a bit of paint loaded into it, started at one end of the waterline, touched the brush to the waterline and then pull out from th hull and draw down lightly. Repeat across the waterline, varying the length of the drawn down lines from the fan brush. Add a touch of sap green or pine green where you might have some warmer water discharging from the boat…but not too much green. My take on it anyway.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• biggsgolf
        Captain
        • Jan 2020

Originally posted by goshawk823
        I used raw umber, titanium white, and a bit of burnt umber interspersed along the waterline. Some payne’s gray and white will give you a grey with a bit of a blue tint. I’d add a bit of that gray in places as well. I used a fan blender brush with a bit of paint loaded into it, started at one end of the waterline, touched the brush to the waterline and then pull out from th hull and draw down lightly. Repeat across the waterline, varying the length of the drawn down lines from the fan brush. Add a touch of sap green or pine green where you might have some warmer water discharging from the boat…but not too much green. My take on it anyway.
        Many thanks!

Comment

• biggsgolf
          Captain
          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Thanks David!

Comment

Working...