• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Early SAS set up

David,

do you still have a copy of the article or photos of your initial semi-aspirated system, the one were you used those mini pneumatic valves?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by redboat219
    David,

do you still have a copy of the article or photos of your initial semi-aspirated system, the one were you used those mini pneumatic valves?
    If so it's likely one of the Cabal Reports, and if still around is buried somewhere on Bob's site. Here are pictures from that early SAS configuration and component tests.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

Thanks. Wanted to compare it to Philip Shelton's (RevellU505Late) set up in his Revell 1/72 Type IX conversion. Click image for larger version  Name:	20230827_230109.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	173350 Click image for larger version

Name:	images (1) (10).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	173351

Brief description about his SAS

Originally posted by RevellU505Late
      Back to the diaphragm pump, which also is not air tight when at rest. So how was I going to control the flow of air in both directions? I settled on two micro valves. A two port valve to stop the airflow when the pump was at rest and a 3 port valve to allow air in and out of the ballast chamber.

I also extended a brass tube along the top of the ballast chamber and stopped it in the middle, cut the end on an angle and bent it towards the top so that in the event of the chamber completely flooding, the tube would see the last available air. Also, the air intake and exit uses the entire WTC, so air is pulled or pushed through the WTC and the antenna/snorkel tube. The air supply exit at the aft bulkhead is near the top, but has a short silicon tube that extends down to the bottom of the aft chamber. This is to prevent any water that might enter from dripping on the motors and electronics.
      Last edited by redboat219; 08-27-2023, 11:23 AM.
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

Working...