D&E Sub-driver 3.0 Not supported anymore?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mostpeople
    Ensign
    • Aug 2011

D&E Sub-driver 3.0 Not supported anymore?

Hey all,

I have a D&E Sub-driver 3.0 which I use in my 32p type XXIII, unfortunately it has sprung quite the leak in the forward bulkhead. Essentially it is not sealing anymore. I do not know if the resin bulkhead has shrunk, or if the O-ring has worn down? It is old, obviously, so I am going to start under the assumption that it is the O-ring.

My question therefore is, Dave, do you not support this Sub-driver anymore? Where could I get the correct O-ring this thing was designed to use? Thanks.

-Chris
    Last edited by Kazzer; 09-11-2011, 12:37 PM.
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

It might be a good idea if we could persuade Mr. Merriman to make a list of all the Sub-driver sizes and their respective O-ring values?

In the meantime, perhaps you could try wrapping some PTFE pipe thread tape in the O-ring groove. Several turns will make the ring expand more.
    Last edited by Kazzer; 09-11-2011, 07:19 AM.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mostpeople
      Hey all,

I have a D&E Sub-driver 3.0 which I use in my 32p type XXIII, unfortunately it has sprung quite the leak in the forward bulkhead. Essentially it is not sealing anymore. I do not know if the resin bulkhead has shrunk, or if the O-ring has worn down? It is old, obviously, so I am going to start under the assumption that it is the O-ring.

My question therefore is, Dave, do you not support this Sub-driver anymore? Where could I get the correct O-ring this thing was designed to use? Thanks.

-Chris
      You need the forward ballast bulkhead and o-ring? I can fix you up.

dmeriman@aol.com

David
      Last edited by Kazzer; 09-11-2011, 12:37 PM.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• mostpeople
        Ensign
        • Aug 2011

I am worried the bulkhead may have shrunk, is that possible? Either way i need a forward and an aft bulkhead oring to start, the other ones are shot.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

I am worried the bulkhead may have shrunk, is that possible? Either way i need a forward and an aft bulkhead oring to start, the other ones are shot.
          Need an address.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• mostpeople
            Ensign
            • Aug 2011

Pm'd you an address, did you get it?

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Pm'd you an address, did you get it?
              Oh! Dear! I don't think His Eminence knows how to open a PM. I've sent him thousands and never got a response.

Better pm me, and I'll make sure my owl delivers it for you.
              Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...