X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Racer59
    Ensign
    • Feb 2023

Antennas, radars

Good morning to all. I’m a newbie here. Question on how to apply fake radars and antennas on a 1:48 scale sub.
  • Racer59
    Ensign
    • Feb 2023

Can I just epoxy a graphite tubes inside or what is the proper way to make it more realistic. Thanks much. Racer59

Comment

• Racer59
      Ensign
      • Feb 2023

Comment

• Racer59
        Ensign
        • Feb 2023

Here is the tower where I want the antennas to go. I would like a retracting one but don’t know how so I’ll make it a static one.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Racer59
          Good morning to all. I’m a newbie here. Question on how to apply fake radars and antennas on a 1:48 scale sub.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Racer59
            Ensign
            • Feb 2023

That looks really nice!!!

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Racer59
              Here is the tower where I want the antennas to go. I would like a retracting one but don’t know how so I’ll make it a static one.
              First sub? Wise choice to hold off on working scopes. Too many want a ton of features and never complete because of getting bogged down with all the hurdles. A wise (s$$) man I know taught me crawl walk run. Get your sub running then think of other fun stuff you can do.

If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• RCSubGuy
                Welcome to my underwater realm!
                • Aug 2009

That particular boat is a monster, and still has a lot of work to do on the hull and drive system. The sub will run just fine without ANY periscopes or masts and things like that should be the last thing occupying your mental resources.

It likely feels overwhelming to think of the scope of what is left to do, but break it down into small jobs. Celebrate those wins along the way. This is about the journey, not the destination.

Bob

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RCSubGuy
                  That particular boat is a monster, and still has a lot of work to do on the hull and drive system. The sub will run just fine without ANY periscopes or masts and things like that should be the last thing occupying your mental resources.

It likely feels overwhelming to think of the scope of what is left to do, but break it down into small jobs. Celebrate those wins along the way. This is about the journey, not the destination.

Bob
                  Bob's right on point; a better task philosophy I could not formulate. Address the entire system one sub-system at a time.

Or, in other words: eat that elephant with small bites at a time and chew each thoroughly.

And don't sweat the small **** -- such as masts!

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...