X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Installing Klik-ons

What are the proper steps in installing those Klik-on magnetic connetors on the ends of the control rods?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • jlday1256
    Lieutenant
    • Jun 2011

Timely question...I am about to start playing with subdriver location and internal fittings. I would love to learn from someone else, rather than just experience it. Dave?
    Doodah
    If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!

Comment

• redboat219
      Admiral
      • Dec 2008

My particular concern is ensuring the pushrods from the klik-on to the control surface clevises are the proper length. I've seen some Klik-ons with threadings inside which would enable you to screw the klik-on forward and back on a screw soldered on the end of the pushrod but the ones I have are meant to glued on.
      Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

The simple Kli-Con magnetic couplers that accompany our SD's and some fittings kits are comprise a resin foundation into its end is press-set a magnet, in the other end a 1/16" bore that accepts your pushrod.

The Kli-Con magnetic couplers sold separately come with a threaded brass coupler that screws into the resin foundation. This coupler is either glued or soldered to your 1/16" pushrod (the foundation has to be removed before soldering). With these type Kli-Cons you adjust the length of the pushrod by simply rotating the foundation around the threaded coupler.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• tsenecal
          Lieutenant
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Merriman
          The simple Kli-Con magnetic couplers that accompany our SD's and some fittings kits are comprised [] of a 1/16" bore that accepts your pushrod.

The Kli-Con magnetic couplers sold separately come with a threaded brass coupler that screws into the resin foundation.
          does this mean redboat219 could buy some dubro threaded brass couplers at his LHS and accomplish the same thing?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Yes..............
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• jlday1256
              Lieutenant
              • Jun 2011

Soooo...1/16 th rod...Cya'd to the Kli-Con? I like the concept, just not sure if it is what works best.
              Doodah
              If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!

Comment

• Aug 2008

You got it.......
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• jlday1256
                  Lieutenant
                  • Jun 2011

Figured...thanks. The Kli-Con is such an elegant solution, there for awhile, when they discovered the guy in Sweden was making a nuclear reactor in his kitchen, I thought you might be contracting our for a new subdriver propulsion unit...thanks Dave.
                  Doodah

Comment

• Aug 2008

No nuclear reactors here.

But, credit where credit is do: It was Brian Stark who introduced me to the idea of using magnets as couplers for control linkages as well as using them as closure devices for model hulls. It's with his kind permission that I introduced the Kli-Con's to our customers.

Mike and I stand on the shoulders of others.

David,
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
                      Captain
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jlday1256
                      Figured...thanks. The Kli-Con is such an elegant solution, there for awhile, when they discovered the guy in Sweden was making a nuclear reactor in his kitchen, I thought you might be contracting our for a new subdriver propulsion unit...thanks Dave.
                      Kitchen that's easy, got running water, mines under the stairs with air cooling
                      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

Working...