X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thorbrandr
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2022

Thanks for the Help!

A couple months back I had my R-Class arrive, with some UPS "upgrades". Conning tower was snapped off, the conning tower ladder in pieces, vise shelf missing, missing grab iron mounts, some of the hawser stays missing, and almost all the ballast loose and rearranged internally. The ballast was a challenge to reattach in the original locations.

With some help on this group, and the original builder (who did an excellent job) via PM, I have the R-10 rebuilt. This has taken some time - we are settling in on new property - but some slow and steady progress. Repairs are made and the paint matched, weathering matched, and the overcoat reapplied. While working the rebuild, I found a few items that did not match the photos of the R10 that I could find, and since UPS had damaged all those details, I did the rebuild to the historical photos.

Overall a good way to get back into model building, and I even got my college age daughter engaged in building models.

I have a 2' deep test tank all setup, and just need to get everything recharged. That was a record scratch when I found I did not have the connectors (now on the way). Hopefully the test dives and trim occur this weekend.

Thanks
    Chris
    Attached Files
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Chris,

It will be great to see this boat wet once more. Ken did an awesome job of the initial buildup, and she was a really great performer once the upgrades were completed. There is video of the refit and maiden voyage on my channel here. I can't wait to see the "Chris version" video!

Bob

Comment

Working...