• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monahan Steam Models
    Captain
    • Apr 2020

Originally posted by Bob Gato
    OK crazy idea #47...
    what if you drilled and tapped a port in the servo case(anywhere) and screwed in a tiny pressure port (borrowed from the nitro RC airplane world)-then ran a short dead end silicon tube or a tube made from another stretchy expanding material like latex surgical. Who says the accumulator has to be part of the servo- it could be more bourdon tube like?
    Nope, not crazy at all and very doable. I’ve seen crazier things in the world happen over the past week.

I’m pausing my own waterproofing experiments on these knock off sub-micro SG90 servos for a few reasons. First the quality of the servo is not worth the time and work invested to improve it. Second, the build that I was using these servos in can utilize a slightly larger, higher quality manufactured micro servo that draw less amps. Third reason and again this relates to the build I’m using these in, the work and time that is needed to upgrade a $2 servo to be dependable and waterproof in a ‘in the wet’ environment far outweigh the ease of just installing them in a WTC.

Comment

• Bob Gato
      Captain
      • Feb 2019

Very understandable Nick... Although the cheap little throwaway servos are like laboratory mice... If you can make one work underwater you probably can make any server work on the water.

Comment

Working...