X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mooneyjock
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jul 2021

Base loaded antennas

Looking through the resources, I haven't seen anyone using the short (12"-15") base loaded 72-75 mHz whip antennas that are used on cars, boats and sometimes airplanes. Will they work in a submarine? I am assuming not. Why?

Thanks, John H.
  • Bob Gato
    Captain
    • Feb 2019

I could be wrong but The citizen band freq is between 26.965 MHz and 27.405 MHz. If you want a kicker for your subs transmitter, you'll have to make it for your frequency- I think it would probably work. (Build one and do a walk test)

Comment

• Mooneyjock
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jul 2021

Thanks Bob, The small antenna's I am referring to are ones commercially produced by Kraft and Ace for their R/C receivers. I have a bunch of them and have been using them on small airplanes to replace the long wire antenna's. I was wondering if anyone has used them in subs, or if problems have been found.with their use. I was thinking that they would simplify the antenna placement, as they could easily fit inside the WTC.or outside in the hull.

Comment

• Das Boot
        Rear Admiral
        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Mooneyjock
        Looking through the resources, I haven't seen anyone using the short (12"-15") base loaded 72-75 mHz whip antennas that are used on cars, boats and sometimes airplanes. Will they work in a submarine? I am assuming not. Why?

Thanks, John H.
        No need. 72 and 75 works with antenna that comes with the receiver, without the need for any external one,
        Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• Das Boot
          Rear Admiral
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Bob Gato
          I could be wrong but The citizen band freq is between 26.965 MHz and 27.405 MHz. If you want a kicker for your subs transmitter, you'll have to make it for your frequency- I think it would probably work. (Build one and do a walk test)
          CB is 27 MHz. and has nothing to do with 72 and 75 mhz.
          Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

Working...