X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jphatton
    Lieutenant
    • Jan 2021

Revell Skipjack rudder and rear planes movement ranges

I finally found sometime to get the complete the last few things on the Revell Skipjack.

A quick question, what are typical ranges of movement to aim for the rear planes and rudders? For the rear planes I've got approximately -25° down and +30° up . For the rudder it is +/-30° before running into interference with the rear plane linkages.

Jason
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

You are pretty close to scale! The 1:1 units use 30 degrees, side to side for full rudder, with hard over being 35. Stern planes and bow, or fairwater planes, use 25 degrees rise or dive as full travel.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by jphatton
      I finally found sometime to get the complete the last few things on the Revell Skipjack.

A quick question, what are typical ranges of movement to aim for the rear planes and rudders? For the rear planes I've got approximately -25° down and +30° up . For the rudder it is +/-30° before running into interference with the rear plane linkages.

Jason
      You're gold. Move on. Later, during sea-trials you'll dial back the end-points a bit. Better too much throw than too little!

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• jphatton
        Lieutenant
        • Jan 2021

Dear Both,

Thanks for quick reply and the confirmation that the ranges are in the right ballpark (and also close to scale). I'll proceed with the rest of the preparations for sea trials!

Jason

Comment

Working...