Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and expectations

Hello, and welcome to the forums at the Nautilus Drydocks, formerly Sub-driver.com!

We welcome anyone with a passion for submarines and a desire to learn and share knowledge about this fascinating hobby. Use of these forums indicates your intention to abide by our code of conduct:


1. No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

2. Please post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

3. Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after or without a warning.

4. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums.

5. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.

6. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
See more
See less

Skipjack question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Skipjack question

    I made a slight error on assembling my Skipjack. I need to buy more cardstock to secure the forward part of the hull. What is the thickness of the supplied cardstock? My calipers are not that accurate.

    Thank you,
    Farlan

  • #2
    ..................Make that the "Forward Radial Flange.......................

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by secrtwpn View Post
      I made a slight error on assembling my Skipjack. I need to buy more cardstock to secure the forward part of the hull. What is the thickness of the supplied cardstock? My calipers are not that accurate.

      Thank you,
      Farlan
      .030 - .040 inch will do it.

      David
      "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you sir

        Comment


        • #5
          Next question.....I'm having issues attaching the upper hull to the lower hull. I slide the upper hull over the front radial flange and am having trouble lining up the indexing pins on the upper and lower hull. Are the indexing pins to be removed?????????

          Thanks again
          Farlan

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by secrtwpn View Post
            Next question.....I'm having issues attaching the upper hull to the lower hull. I slide the upper hull over the front radial flange and am having trouble lining up the indexing pins on the upper and lower hull. Are the indexing pins to be removed?????????

            Thanks again
            Farlan
            Not removed. Shortened. A little at a time till the pins fit the holes. Patience!

            David
            "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Which ones shorten? The male or female pins?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by secrtwpn View Post
                Which ones shorten? The male or female pins?
                Male......................
                "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is continuing education (but I'm not getting frustrated)........I opened up my 3.5 " cylinder and found out my micro servos are too short for the servo foundations. I test fit an old full size servo and it was too long.........So, my question is, what size servos are to be used? I could redrill the holes and move the aft servo foundation further forward. Also, I took your advice and gradually cut down the male pins on the upper hull and it fits much better......

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by secrtwpn View Post
                      This is continuing education (but I'm not getting frustrated)........I opened up my 3.5 " cylinder and found out my micro servos are too short for the servo foundations. I test fit an old full size servo and it was too long.........So, my question is, what size servos are to be used? I could redrill the holes and move the aft servo foundation further forward. Also, I took your advice and gradually cut down the male pins on the upper hull and it fits much better......
                      Yeah. Move the after foundation forward a bit. Duh!
                      "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Roger that!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Next question. Where does the bare wire coming out of the pump Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1587.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	146883 connect? I figure the plug goes into the RX.

                          Thank you

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by secrtwpn View Post
                            Next question. Where does the bare wire coming out of the pump Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1587.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	146883 connect? I figure the plug goes into the RX.

                            Thank you
                            Red and black wired in parallel with the main battery cable -- observe polarity or things will go terribly, horribly wrong! The servo lead goes to the output side of your fail-safe/BLM/LipoGuard/Flux Capacitor/Whatever as one leg of a Y-lead. The other leg goes to the ballast sub-system servo.
                            David
                            "... well, that takes care of Jorgenson's theory!"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Got it! Thanks again

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X