X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Gas/RCABS Hybrid

I still have my kilo in the works and a Seawolf in the closet. Both utilize the 2" SD with gas ballast system. I was thinking of adding a snort system to minimize gas use. I managed to salvage a micro airpump from a friend's broken digital sphygmomanometer . The only problem I see with the airpump is that it lacks the induction tube connection nipple. Air enter the pump through small holes on top of the pump. These holes a sealed by flap seals. I can still use it as a snort system, but the induction tube would connect directly to the inside of the sd so I'll need to use a float valve to seal the sd once the sub dives.

After some pondering I realized that the pump I have is similar to what RCABS submariner use. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a gas/RCABS Hybrid instead. Looks feasible but would the shaft and control seals on the SD Be able to handle negative pressure induced by the pump?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

And since those little Tardis machines (formerly called SubDrivers) have so much room in them, why not cram a nuclear power plant in there too?!....

YOU PEOPLE!

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...