• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serjio
    Ensign
    • Sep 2015

Connection of two motors to Mtroniks microSwitcher

Dears,

I'm building small RC submarine model at the moment and there will be two small motors (only 3 volts each) to be used. Recently I bought Mtroniks microSwitcher through Sub-Driver site for this purpose.
    The model is wired up via Speed Controller.
    I have a question regarding connection that motors to Mtroniks microSwitcher, where shall I put red wires (+ polarity) of the motors to, knowing that black ones going to outputs "a" and "b" of the Mtroniks microSwitcher?

Could you please provide me with electric scheme to connect that two motors correctly.

Thanx in advance for your reply.

Regards,
    Serjio.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

If by the word 'microSwitcher' you mean ESC. Then this is how you wire the two motors to the ESC:

Black lead from the ESC (marked, 'motor') branches to one motors + lead and the other leg to the other motors - lead. The red lead from the ESC (marked, 'motor') branches out and connects to the motors in a similar fashion. The two motors are wired to the ESC in parallel. The objective is to have the motors turn in opposite directions.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
      Rear Admiral
      • Oct 2011

I'm no expert, but I have stayed at the Holiday Inn, and the Hilton. M Troniks has a wiring diagram shows the red and black goes to the battery, thru a fuze, switch, has two small black wires, yellow and blue to the motors pos and negative posts. Yell being positive. There are warnings and variants to wirings on the instructions as to receivers being used, and fail safes. Perhaps one of the electronic wizards will chime in here, It took a couple try's for me the first time to get it right.
      Last edited by Von Hilde; 09-07-2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Serjio
        Ensign
        • Sep 2015

By the word "microswitcher" I meant the product I bought through Sub-driver (please see attached). I have ESC in my model and that ESC is connected to the main drive motor. I would like to control two small additional ones using the very Mtroniks microSwitcher.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Serjio
          By the word "microswitcher" I meant the product I bought through Sub-driver (please see attached). I have ESC in my model and that ESC is connected to the main drive motor. I would like to control two small additional ones using the very Mtroniks microSwitcher.

Oh! I understand. Simply wire the two motor in parallel with the electronic switch output wires -- insure total current draw does not exceed the electronic switches capacity.

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Von Hilde
            Rear Admiral
            • Oct 2011

Didnt quite understand the question myself. What are the two motors going to turn? Just curious

Comment

• Serjio
              Ensign
              • Sep 2015

Dear M,

would you please darw up a diagramm (just very schematically) for me to understand properly.

Thanx in advance for your support

Comment

• Serjio
                Ensign
                • Sep 2015

Dear M,

would you please darw up a diagramm (just very schematically) for me to understand properly.

Thanx in advance for your support

Comment

• Von Hilde
                  Rear Admiral
                  • Oct 2011

Click image for larger version

Name:	mtroniks dia.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	109959 solonoids would be the reverse polarity(counter rotating motors) if you want the motors turning the same direction wire them in series. Cant really see the small picture of the diagram so I dont know what the model number of the switch, I looked up MTroniks wire diagrams and there are quite a few varients in the immage section, I just picked this one for simplicity.

Comment

• Serjio
                    Ensign
                    • Sep 2015

I have attached the initial diagram (with the switch I have) and would you please draw the connections just on the image (or somehow).
                    Thanks

Comment

• Serjio
                      Ensign
                      • Sep 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	Two motors connection.png
Views:	77
Size:	565 Bytes
ID:	109964 There is as attachment Click image for larger version

Name:	Two motors connection.png
Views:	74
Size:	565 Bytes
ID:	109963

Comment

• Von Hilde
                        Rear Admiral
                        • Oct 2011

Too small of an immage to see, edit it to full size.

Comment

Working...