X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MFR1964
    Detail Nut of the First Order
    • Sep 2010

MFR1964 aka Manfred

Who the hell am i, well i started with building thingies at a young age, first static and made later the move to RC, builded planes, boats( targets)
    and started in the beginning of the 80' with building subs.

I'm the guy with the green cap, i always take my time to explain how things work, love to peek into other subs to see if i can discover new things.

In action today with the zippy type 212.

In general i'm a relax type of guy, love to build submarines, especially the strange types, if your boat runs fine, you can relax and enjoy the ride.

Enjoying a icecream after a succesfull day, the perfect moment to show my active fleet.
    I went underground
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

A beautiful day, well running boats, friends .... and Ice-cream!

Mike and I are thrilled to see one of our kits joinging your most unique fleet, Manfred.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

manfred, the last picture of your three model boats, what kind of submarine is the one in the middle, grey with white stripes? Your big type 7 looks really good! Es sieht wirklich gut
      Last edited by greenman407; 09-29-2012, 10:13 PM.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

That's a Walter V80

Comment

• MFR1964
          • Sep 2010

He's right, that's my Walter V80, one of my favourite boats to run, very hydrodynamic, the design itself is from the late 30's by Helmuth Walter, it made a worldrecord run of more than 25 knots in 1939, propelled by a closed cycle engine, so no air needed.
          From the type VII i've got me lately some pictures from a guy that placed them into a modellers magazine, enjoy

Because the photo files are too big i'll post them in several uploads, be patient.

Manfred.
          Last edited by MFR1964; 09-30-2012, 03:20 PM.
          I went underground

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

The bloke taking a two bob bit over the side is classic!

Comment

• Aug 2008

The guy haning his ass over the side ah ... aside. Love the detailing in Manfred's work. The more I look, the more neat little detail is revealed. A first class model builder!

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
                • Sep 2010

Next batch,

I went underground

Comment

• MFR1964
                  • Sep 2010

Last batch,

Manfred.
                  I went underground

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

My Goodness, very nice indeed!
                    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Aug 2008

... the dynamically posed figures, the weld beads and fillets on brackets, inclusion of the snorkel mast position switch, the crusty propellers, the practical looking running and standing rigging, the mashed in wind venture sheet-metal work ... So, so much detail, in depth, and in appropriate amounts.

Your current r/c work is stunning, with a much evidenced mechanical confidence held and exercised by few. But, your beauty work denotes a slavish attention to detail only world-class static display builders evidence. You were into static display building long before your r/c endeavors I think you mentioned before.

There! Enough kissing of Norwegian ass for the day, Manfred! I so much like pouring over your pictures. One is never too old to learn.

David
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                        Admiral
                        • Jul 2011

Manfred,
                        Did you make this sub that David is gushing over or just took the pictures? I might have mis-read the posting.
                        Peace,
                        Tom
                        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• MFR1964
                          • Sep 2010

Thanks David, my type VII displays what is possiblle into the extreme, the scale helps offcourse to add those details, imagine, there is a sistership with even more details onboard than mine, that one is owned by my good friend and teacher.
                          Yes, it does help if you have some static building experience, for me this result is a live's work, it took me two decades to reach this level, and to be frankly she would be my last sub to build, the rest of the story you guys allready now, i badly need some therapy.

Tom, like i wrote before i own this sub, rebuilded her five times, ending up with this result, besides she carries this diorama, she is fully functional with all things you can imagen, for me she displays what is possible when build on such scale.

Manfred.
                          I went underground

Comment

• vital.spark
                            Commander
                            • May 2010

David,

Since when is Holland part of Norway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• trout
                              Admiral
                              • Jul 2011

Sorry for misunderstanding and forgive me while I begin gushing over it! The details are amazing! I have the perfect therapy, write a book on how you did it! Some day when I grow up, I want to be as good as you. That is said with a big dose of truth in it. Manfred, I do hope I can obtain some level of skill like yours. Thank you for sharing, any more photos?
                              If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

Working...