X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ffr2608
    Commander
    • Oct 2009

X18 radio purchase

After tinkering with servo mixers and trying to get all the endpoints correct, I decided to look into the 900 mhz radios. Seems like the x18 is the standard everyone is using.
    Here are my questions

If I purchase the X18 dual band and the TD-r10 receiver, is there anything else I will need?

I am very familiar with programming on open TX. Does this software allow the same infinite type of programming, channel assignment etc. like Open TX?

what kind of performance can I expect? How did it perform at Georgia? I plan to run in close proximity in clear lakes.

What is the best vendor to grab the radio and receiver?

thanks…
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ffr2608; 05-11-2024, 09:57 AM.
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

They're awesome radios. Infinite programmability, and there are a lot of us playing with them, so we can all learn and share together. TX and RX is all you need. I offer the radios and receivers on my site:

Comment

• ffr2608
      Commander
      • Oct 2009

Thanks for the info Bob. How about the battery life and different power levels used? That is a new frontier for me.... Looks like I can get that antenna at a 45ish degree vertical angle inside the Lotus pressure box. Would that be a good solution for range and depth or go outside?
      Darrin

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

If you already have and understand an openTX radio is there a reason you don't wish to use that?

Comment

• ffr2608
          Commander
          • Oct 2009

I prefer a plug and play option over adding modules and converter boards to the receiver.
          Also, I actually hate the Opentx architecture and need to retrain myself every 6 months or so.

Comment

Working...