X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael440
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Mar 2021

X18 tandam transmitter problem

Hi, for some reason I just can't figure out how to get reverse using the X18 transmitter. I am using a hobbywing 1060 speed controller which I have set in the forward and reverse setting. For a test I used channel one input and channel one output, using pot 1 to control. Ok I get the motor going one direction but not the other. I see that in the software there is a reverse switch, so I move that to on. All this does is ask for a second channel output. So how do I get reverse, does anyone know. Thanks
  • QuarterMaster
    Rear Admiral
    • Sep 2015

Can you send a picture of that mix?

It should look like this (Mix edit)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-29 154939.png Views:	0 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	179116

then scroll down...this shows the reverse switch "Off", as you said make sure that's "ON"

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-29 155027.png Views:	0 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	179117

Scrolling all the way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-29 155153.png Views:	0 Size:	49.5 KB ID:	179118

Make sure the Transmitter Firmware is up to date.

Center of the POT should be off (1500us). Not sure if you're curve is right, or the "Weight" up and down is equal.

The GOOD thing about motors is there easy enough to fix rotation by either swapping the two leads (brushed), or any two of the three (brushless)
    Last edited by QuarterMaster; 03-29-2024, 05:06 PM.
    v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
    NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
    USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

• Michael440
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Mar 2021

Hi, thanks for your reply. Well after spending fruitless hours trying to figure this problem out. It turned out to be the motors of the various pumps I was using. In the end I found one that turned in both directions.

Comment

• QuarterMaster
        Rear Admiral
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Michael440
        Hi, thanks for your reply. Well after spending fruitless hours trying to figure this problem out. It turned out to be the motors of the various pumps I was using. In the end I found one that turned in both directions.
        That'll do it lol!
        v/r "Sub" Ed

Silent Service "Cold War" Veteran (The good years!)
        NEVER underestimate the power of a Sailor who served aboard a submarine.
        USS ULYSSES S GRANT-USS SHARK-USS NAUTILUS-USS KEY WEST-USS BLUEBACK-USS PATRICK HENRY-K432-U25-SSRN SEAVIEW-PROTEUS-NAUTILUS

Comment

Working...