• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albacore 569
    Commander
    • Sep 2020

Submarines in Art (Paintings)

Submarine Art

Click image for larger version  Name:	3IBJe4G.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.3 KB ID:	180017

Click image for larger version

Name:	5idcQaQ.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	180018

sClick image for larger version  Name:	L7OwZO8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.9 KB ID:	180009
    Click image for larger version  Name:	chhamzO.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	180010

Click image for larger version  Name:	QQILHPR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	180011

Click image for larger version  Name:	ibhB1Hh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	180012

Click image for larger version  Name:	hi2BG7L.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	180013

Click image for larger version  Name:	n3Dx7Tj.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	180014

Click image for larger versionName:	FRhsfIm.jpgViews:	0Size:	87.7 KBID:	180015
    Last edited by Albacore 569; 05-09-2024, 02:45 PM.
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

I was lucky enough to come into possession of this beautiful one-off oil painting:

Name:	UboatPainting.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	180033

Comment

• tifosi12
      Commander
      • Jul 2020

I love these paintings. Here are two I made in "impressionism" style. One is based on the cover of a model kit and the other one with the Hanebu is a scene from a Wunderwaffen comic book. My wife also made a few PBN paintings with U-Boats on them.

Comment

• Albacore 569
        Commander
        • Sep 2020

Originally posted by tifosi12
        I love these paintings. Here are two I made in "impressionism" style. One is based on the cover of a model kit and the other one with the Hanebu is a scene from a Wunderwaffen comic book. My wife also made a few PBN paintings with U-Boats on them.
        the left one on the U-boat pins is nice, the lighting and colors. The UFO one (more BS Nazi ufos invented by white supremist) you can burn in the fireplace...did cases for Mufon. Just didn't happen...lol. If it was true, we would have been flying to work Jetsons style every damn day in my life commuting to work...lol The Germans were great in being allowed to really try new concepts we all benefited on later. , but they were desperate and unlimited budgets preictally of control. Still the brilliant Me 262 still had to change its engines after every 10 hours of flight time...lol. So antigravity physics? Ummmm Brigadoon trump fantasy land. sorry. Oh yes the conspiracy the secrets are all locked in Mr. Spacely's Vault. lol.
        Last edited by Albacore 569; 05-20-2024, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• tifosi12
          Commander
          • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Albacore 569

the left one on the U-boat pins is nice, the lighting and colors. The UFO one (more BS Nazi ufos invented by white supremist) you can burn in the fireplace...did cases for Mufon. Just didn't happen...lol. If it was true, we would have been flying to work Jetsons style every damn day in my life commuting to work...lol The Germans were great in being allowed to really try new concepts we all benefited on later. , but they were desperate and unlimited budgets preictally of control. Still the brilliant Me 262 still had to change its engines after every 10 hours of flight time...lol. So antigravity physics? Ummmm Brigadoon trump fantasy land. sorry. Oh yes the conspiracy the secrets are all locked in Mr. Spacely's Vault. lol.
          For me the Hanebu is just tongue in cheek. As I said, it is based on a drawing in a comic book from the series "Wunderwaffen" (you can find them on amazon), which is a fictional story line about the Germans having won the war and continued their technical developments accordingly. It's a fairly popular series with about 20 volumes by now. The drawings are exquisite and the content 100% made up.

After all isn't one of RC submarine's poster child the Nautilus from Jules Verne? Also 100% fantasy land, so IMHO no harm done.

Comment

• CC Clarke
            Commander
            • Aug 2020

I laughed at the Wunderwaffen stories until I was outside raking leaves once. . .

Name:	Quarry Ridge 1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	180249

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
              • Aug 2008

For me the Hanebu is just tongue in cheek. As I said, it is based on a drawing in a comic book from the series "Wunderwaffen" (you can find them on amazon), which is a fictional story line about the Germans having won the war and continued their technical developments accordingly. It's a fairly popular series with about 20 volumes by now. The drawings are exquisite and the content 100% made up.

After all isn't one of RC submarine's poster child the Nautilus from Jules Verne? Also 100% fantasy land, so IMHO no harm done.
              Much of the 'recent' NAZI UFO mythology was organized and published in the 'Genisis' series of book by W.A. Harbinson. The first book was most chilling and introduced the 'inventor', one John Wilson -- one of the most diabolical bad-guys I've even encountered in written fiction. A good read. Harbinson did his homework to tie real recorded events to his fictional elements.

David
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• tifosi12
                Commander
                • Jul 2020

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Much of the 'recent' NAZI UFO mythology was organized and published in the 'Genisis' series of book by W.A. Harbinson. The first book was most chilling and introduced the 'inventor', one John Wilson -- one of the most diabolical bad-guys I've even encountered in written fiction. A good read. Harbinson did his homework to tie real recorded events to his fictional elements.

David
                Cool, thanks. I gotta check that out. I love "alternate history". :)

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                  • Aug 2008

Cool, thanks. I gotta check that out. I love "alternate history". :)
                  Then you must have already been all over Netflix, The Man In The High Castle. What a piece of scary art that series was! Terrifying what a man will do to save his family.
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• tifosi12
                    Commander
                    • Jul 2020

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named

Then you must have already been all over Netflix, The Man In The High Castle. What a piece of scary art that series was! Terrifying what a man will do to save his family.
                    Well I watched it back when it came out on HBO. Although I have to say that wasn't exactly my cup of tea. After a while I bailed out.

There was a more recent movie where Lindbergh won the presidential election against FDR and turned the US into an Ally to Germany. That's even scarier, given how close that came to actually happening.

BTW: Here is a book you might enjoy: "Operation Snaredrum" by Scott W. Cook. It's fiction but could have happened this way: Gato class US sub is hunting for the Germans attacking the East Coast of the US. Of course this is a thriller and not how it would go down but the novel is a paige turner and made me wonder why nobody picked this up yet and turned it into a movie.
                    Last edited by tifosi12; 05-21-2024, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Schmitty1944
                      Lieutenant Commander
                      • Mar 2021

I love the Submarine paintings. I have a few around myself. Sorry to wander off topic but Since the subject of "The Man in High Castle" was brought up I wanted to share a few photos. I rented a bunch of cars (and a few bikes) to Amazon (prime) and was subsequently hired as an extra and car wrangler for just the pilot episode. Since Amazon is a Seattle based company they insisted on filming the pilot here in the North West which proved to be very expensive. The pilot was a big success and when the show went to full series it was filmed in Canada and I was not involved, although they did call me once wanting to buy cars but nothing became of it. Initially they contacted me to rent a WWII era VW Kubelwagen. When they came to see it they ended up making a deal to rent around a dozen vehicles. I've done some other movie rentals before and since but this one was really top notch. They paid me well and had fancy catering, hair stylists, costume and props people. Amazon really spared no expense. It was fun to be part of it all.

Jason.

Name:	castle4.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	181348 Click image for larger version

Name:	castle1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	181350 Click image for larger version

Name:	castle3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	181351 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9801.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	181352 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9806.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	181353 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9833.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	181354
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Subculture
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

KR200 and Subaru 360's, is the yellow car a KR201?

Comment

• Schmitty1944
                          Lieutenant Commander
                          • Mar 2021

Originally posted by Subculture
                          KR200 and Subaru 360's, is the yellow car a KR201?
                          It's an earlier Messerschmitt KR 175 missing the dome. I found it in an alley in Santa Barbara CA. Not running in 30+ years. Previously it had been used on a golf course and had it's dome removed and a surrey top added.

Jason

Name:	castle2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	181359

Comment

• Subculture
                            Admiral
                            • Feb 2009

Someone trimmed the wings back.

Comment

• Albacore 569
                              Commander
                              • Sep 2020

Name:	LgcLCs4.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	181392

Watercolor by famous marine artist Carl G Evers. As for the cars, find another thread for those please. **** them!

Comment

Working...