• Das Boot
      Rear Admiral
      • Dec 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	F2E2CDCA-3F95-4AD0-8F22-8A38CF4A6D20.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	157702
      Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned.”

Comment

• wlambing
        Commander
        • Nov 2020

Ooops! At least I got the first letter correct! Greyback had a terrible accident with SOF divers, the result of which spawned a new program that is to ensure diver/equipment safety. All US submarines now adhere to this program throughout design, construction, and operation. Much like Subsafe, and it works!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wlambing
          Ooops! At least I got the first letter correct! Greyback had a terrible accident with SOF divers, the result of which spawned a new program that is to ensure diver/equipment safety. All US submarines now adhere to this program throughout design, construction, and operation. Much like Subsafe, and it works!
          A side-bare to that accident. As a member of our dive-locker aboard the YOSEMITE, our work-boat engineer (a non-diver, but wanting to get into the program), MRSN Bloomer, eventually got his chit approved for Dive school. Years later I learned that he was one of the Special Projects guys killed in that fouled up valve alignment in the hangar that did him and some other guys in. Bloomer was a squared away, hardworking type.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PICT0005.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.6 KB ID:	157749

He and I would spend off-hours in the Tenders machine and carpenter shop building models. Bloomer went from common air-breather, like me and most of the locker, to spooky gas-breather in a few short years. In his short life he saw some weird **** (Ivy Bells comes to mind).

Trevino v. General Dynamics Corp., 626 F. Supp. 1330 (E.D. Tex. 1986) :: Justia

David
          Old Man Remembering
          Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 01-08-2022, 11:41 AM.
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...