X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KumaDog
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Sep 2021

USS Jimmy Carter SSN-23

A couple of objects added to her sail, the large grey panel, and the horizontal bar like device just aft and above her nav light. I suppose they are Submerged Onboard Non-aerobic Analytical Receivers? comments?
  • wlambing
    Commander
    • Nov 2020

The white "t" is a commercial, back-up radar all US boats use when in restricted waters on the surface. Don't know what the gray panel is. The white horizontal bar on the sail, forward, is the lexan cover for the port running light.

Comment

• KumaDog
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Sep 2021

Hi Bill, Thanks. I got the radar( hopefully a Raytheon rather than a Decca) and the nav lite cover. I can speculate that the grey panel is something that I have no need to know about, so getting plans, dimensions ect is out of bounds. LOL.There is also a new(er) device on the side of the sail, mounted just aft and above the nav lite housing. Enlarging your whole screen shows it up much better. Like the grey panel, I suspect that it is well above my lowly pay grade.
      Stealth Peanut is looking to upgrade...
      Jonathan

Comment

• wlambing
        Commander
        • Nov 2020

I see the bar on that cover plate, but have no clue as to what it could be. Maybe a water inlet for the gonculator!! :)

Comment

• KumaDog
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Sep 2021

Ahhh...I had not thought of that. No doubt the port gonculator, because the starboard would be different.

Comment

Working...