Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Peristaltic Pumps

I have located the smallest peristaltic pump on the market. It looks like it has some huge potential in the smaller models, but the drawback is the cost at over $120 per pump.

Any comments please

Click image for larger version

Name:	RP-Q1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	99636
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Yikes! Neat, small little positive displacement pump. But the price makes it a non-starter. cusswordcusswordcusswordcussword!

Mike, you and I should look into making our own peristaltic pump -- simple machining, a little motor well geared, some squishy tube and we're in business.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
      Mike, you and I should look into making our own peristaltic pump -- simple machining, a little motor well geared, some squishy tube and we're in business.

David,
      But what little job do we need to finish first? Eh? Eh?
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• redboat219
        Admiral
        • Dec 2008

can these be used as a low pressure blower in a snort system?
        Make it simple, make strong, make it work!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Nope.

These pumps are high pressure, low volume. Not suitable as a, LOW FRIG'N PRESSURE BLOWER!!!!

You can have a high pressure pump

You can have a low pressure pump.

Pick one!

David,
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RonP-UK
            Lieutenant
            • Feb 2010

About twenty years ago Roger Serpill, the then president of the AMS mentioned he was considering trying one of these pumps so I made one for an article in Marine modelling. I put three rotor tips on mine so that at any position there were at least two pressure points on the tube inside, it was not a difficult thing to make but bloody hell the pressure it would generate was scary, when I tried it out on my 200psi pressure guage
            it blew it apart in about 5 seconds. So if you are condidering useing one of these things-----beware. I still have mine in a scrap box somewhere, i'll try and find it and drop some pics on the site.
            RonP

Comment

• Grimm123
              Ensign
              • Aug 2010

if you need a micro geared motor, i am really pleased with the Pololu units i used on a micro rc car. they are all metal geared and you can buy gearbox covers for the smallest ones. also very reasonably priced so the finished units wouldnt be as much as the one posted. pololu.com

Comment

• Rpmtech1
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Dec 2009

I looked into those already Mike, and also contacted the company in Japan a few years ago

Ok so, here is the big problem: They only pump .4 ML a minute! Thats like the volume of an eraser on the end of a pencil.

I asked them about higher flow just a few days ago, but havent gotten a reply yet on that.

Comment

Working...