X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ShadowPeo
    Mike has them, Under product code SUB ES2 on the Switches and Solenoids Page (http://caswellplating.com/models/bhm.html) costs US$39.00. I have one of these myself and it seems to work alright although I have not loaded it up yet
    The question remains though, can it be used as a reversing switch?
    Dual function switches like the subtech SES3 for example do not run to being reversible. I would like to think that dual function could mean one way forward and one way rearward for pump direction but its not like that with some of these devices. Dual function usually does not mean dual polarity but rather dual systems like a pump on oneside and a solenoid on the other.

My system requires a pump in union with a solenoid to pump in water and lift the solenoid valve. At rest or neutral the pump is off and the valve closed. Then the pump in reverse with the solenoid activated to open again. I have the whole setup on dual micro switches and a simply servo arm activates it. The servo is linked to a fail safe.
    If the Sub ES2 can be rigged this way great.

J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Nope won't work. To use a transistorised switch in a bi-directional fashion you must have it set-up as an H-bridge.

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
        Nope won't work. To use a transistorised switch in a bi-directional fashion you must have it set-up as an H-bridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-bridge
        Thanks thought so.
        J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• subkraft
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Oct 2009

Arkmodel (China) do a good one. Plug and play for about $70 aus. Wouldn't mine another myself actually....

Comment

Working...