X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 356bob61
    Ensign
    • Jan 2009

Rudder Control

I'm just curious, you said that the D&E fitting kits, ready to drop in, we're coming soon a few months ago. I was wondering if they ever came in, and if you guys know where I could get the 18mm and 6mm gears. I've looked all over the internet with no avail. Also, do you know where I could find the rudder control kit, possibly with the two gears above included. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bobby G.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 356bob61
    I'm just curious, you said that the D&E fitting kits, ready to drop in, we're coming soon a few months ago. I was wondering if they ever came in, and if you guys know where I could get the 18mm and 6mm gears. I've looked all over the internet with no avail. Also, do you know where I could find the rudder control kit, possibly with the two gears above included. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bobby G.
    Yeah, it's been awhile since I first promised that fittings kit. Next week I hope to fill those orders. Sorry about the delay.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 356bob61
      Ensign
      • Jan 2009

Oh great! If you could, do you know where I could find the specific kit for the Type VIII/C Atlantic Version? I looked on the main page for it, and on the RC page. I found it in the VIII Cabal directions which I downloaded from this site (In PDF format). Says the unit is ready to be dropped in... any ideas?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Oh great! If you could, do you know where I could find the specific kit for the Type VIII/C Atlantic Version? I looked on the main page for it, and on the RC page. I found it in the VIII Cabal directions which I downloaded from this site (In PDF format). Says the unit is ready to be dropped in... any ideas?
        Check the Revell catalog.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• 356bob61
          Ensign
          • Jan 2009

I check the Revell Catalog, but couldn't find anything. Do you know of anywhere else I could look?

Thanks,
          Bobby

Comment

• Aug 2008

I check the Revell Catalog, but couldn't find anything. Do you know of anywhere else I could look?

Thanks,
            Bobby
            Wow ... not in the Revell Catalog. Surprising.

Try E-Bay.

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• sunworksco
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Apr 2009

Servos

I am looking at some custom servo parts and was wondering what you servo wizards think.Here is an image :
              Last edited by sunworksco; 07-25-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• sunworksco
                Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                • Apr 2009

Moving parts

Here is the interior part :
                Last edited by sunworksco; 07-25-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by sunworksco
                  Here is the interior part :
                  Neat. Will it fit our line of little blue micro-servos? And if so, how much will this linear unit increase the height of the servo? A critical factor, there is not much overhead room in our smaller servos.

David,
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
                    Commander
                    • Apr 2009

Atlantic verison type VII

356bob61:

Check this link:

That's the type VII/41 Atlantic verison. $ 80.00 plus dollars. I think that's what your looking for. Caswell Inc. is showing that item. It's on my list for the next boat. You identified a type VIII/41 Atlantic verison. Don't think I've heard of that one?

Jack
                    Last edited by pjdog; 06-26-2009, 11:56 PM. Reason: looking for ID #

Comment

• Slats
                      Vice Admiral
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
                      Neat. Will it fit our line of little blue micro-servos? And if so, how much will this linear unit increase the height of the servo? A critical factor, there is not much overhead room in our smaller servos.

David,
                      No it won't - its designed for the full "normal" sized Futaba S148 type servos.
                      Have used it extensively within 3.5" cylinders and even in this bigger diameter cylinder - the additional height of the servo is problematic in working out the equipment layout. In short - I am not convinced the linear motion from this product has much advantage over a regular servo requiring bends etc for accommodating the rotary action when considering the WTC internal equipment layout.

J
                      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
                        No it won't - its designed for the full "normal" sized Futaba S148 type servos.
                        Have used it extensively within 3.5" cylinders and even in this bigger diameter cylinder - the additional height of the servo is problematic in working out the equipment layout. In short - I am not convinced the linear motion from this product has much advantage over a regular servo requiring bends etc for accommodating the rotary action when considering the WTC internal equipment layout.

J
                        I have to agree with you. Not much utility for us.

David,
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

That linear servo converter is the EMS/Jomar conversion kit, designed to fit the Futaba S148 full size servo.

It's a great gadget, but it's only of use for bigger boats that can accept full size servos.

If you want a very small linear servo, look at these by Spektrum $19.99-

Comment

• sunworksco
                            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                            • Apr 2009

Linear Servos

Originally posted by Merriman

David,
                            It is Futaba model specific but it would seem that you could custom build one by molding your own.I would bet that the material for the linear part is nylon like what is used in zip-ties.You would think that they could make these for micro servos since they are so popular with airplane use.Here is the web-link : http://www.emsjomar.com/linear.aspx

Comment

• sunworksco
                              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                              • Apr 2009

Sub Use

This is really a great system for subs if you can fit them in your WTC!
                              My sub will measure 94.5 long and have room for them but they would work well in the Revell subs if they can scale down the size.
                              Check out the www.nextengine.com 3-d scanner.Look at Jay Leno's Garage video.You could scale down the original part and repop a smaller part in abs then make a mold off that.Just make sure the manufacturer works with you on this.They may want to collaborate with you to get a new mold in the works.

Comment

Working...