X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Charging the on-board propel vessel

After chilling down the propel container within the Subdriver....is there a rule of thumb for how long it takes to fully charge the propel storage vessel with propel?

I know this will depend upon the size / volume of the storage vessel - but I still think I am not charging correctly.

Thanks

John
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
    After chilling down the propel container within the Subdriver....is there a rule of thumb for how long it takes to fully charge the propel storage vessel with propel?

I know this will depend upon the size / volume of the storage vessel - but I still think I am not charging correctly.

Thanks

John
    You can over-fill the on-board bottle and that would be dangerous (a blown flexible hose could be the result). I do this: Charge the on board bottle, then vent the entire contents quickly (you only put a little in, the transfer of liquid stopped the moment the pressure in the can and on-board bottle equalized), this chills the bottle, lowering its energy. Charge again and hold the charging adapter in place a full five-seconds -- this time it took much more liquid to reach the same pressure in the on-board bottle as the can, and you should have filled the on-board bottle about 1/3 full of Propellant, which is the desired amount.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Thanks David,

I see what I am doing wrong is not emptying the enitire contents to chill it down.
      I was merely just depressing the fill valve and letting a small blast out.
      In other words I was not chilling the bottle down propely, therefore restricting the subsequent fill.

Thanks

John
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
        Thanks David,

I see what I am doing wrong is not emptying the enitire contents to chill it down.
        I was merely just depressing the fill valve and letting a small blast out.
        In other words I was not chilling the bottle down propely, therefore restricting the subsequent fill.

Thanks

John
        You got it, John. Go get 'em!

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Nuke Power
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

Good stuff never knew that. Perhaps I can get a bit more thrust out of my missiles now.
          David what would you recomend for a substate on missiles that is resistant to propel and still light weight.

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Rogue Sub
            Good stuff never knew that. Perhaps I can get a bit more thrust out of my missiles now.
            David what would you recomend for a substate on missiles that is resistant to propel and still light weight.
            Kevin - a little off your question but what is "substate"?
            Thanks

John
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Nuke Power
              Banned
              • Dec 2008

Oh a substate is when you dont prof read and forgot to type one of the required letters making a whole new one in the process. The intended word was substrate.

Comment

• toppack
                Rear Admiral
                • Nov 2008

Which in that case is a durable base material that the missile exhaust pushes against as it is exiting the sub, that will prevent damage. (like blow a hole in her bottom):D
                Last edited by toppack; 01-17-2009, 09:22 PM.
                Rick L.
                --------------------------------------------
                * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
                Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Nuke Power
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

More like a material that doesnt get brittle over time due to reacting with the chemicals in pvc and blow up like a little handgrenade killing the maker.... you know that kind of stuff.

Comment

Working...