I spy!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • greenman407
    replied
    Outrider, Good job on that picture of the Nautilus and on finding where I got it!.......................How did you do that??!

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    mine hunting sonar?

    Leave a comment:


  • Outrider
    replied
    Originally posted by Pablo
    Seems to be a "modern" Hunley...:wink::wink::wink:
    Nothing explosive on the pole, though. And this one seems to have had a much longer and more successful career--albeit without the protuberance...

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Perfect. Thanks.

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • SSBN659
    replied
    David, Sent you a PM with the photo and am attaching it below also.

    SSBN659

    Leave a comment:


  • Pablo
    replied
    Originally posted by Outrider
    Here's a special project that didn't have legs...

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9259[/ATTACH]
    Seems to be a "modern" Hunley...:wink::wink::wink:

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    SSBN659: I need a copy of that shot that shows the MSW suction and discharge -- I'm working on a model and I want to get the main induction screen right.

    David,

    Leave a comment:


  • SSBN659
    replied
    Going back to the picture of the boat on dock with the towed array tube on the starboard side. It's the Casimir Pulaski. I used that photo to model the towed array when building my USS Will Rogers last year. I also used the photo below to "guestimate" the location, size and down angle of the explosively deployed evasive device launchers. There is a wealth of good information on the web for the "Forty-one Fro Freedom".

    Will Rogers
    SSBN659

    Leave a comment:


  • Outrider
    replied
    How's About This Happy Boat?

    Here's a special project that didn't have legs...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-08-13 at 10.45.05 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	63700

    Leave a comment:


  • Outrider
    replied
    Nautilus

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Seawolf?........

    Leave a comment:


  • greenman407
    replied
    AND NOW..........LADYS AND GENTLEMEN..........Our next contestant on.........I SPY!!! The subject of this rare photograph is the view from what early US Submarine???!! YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS! Tick, Tick, Tick..................................Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge_lookout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	63699

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    ... and I learned (yet again, I NEVER learn) not to make absolute statements until I check my at-hand resources.

    Good fun.

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • NavyICman
    replied
    Okay Dave,

    I am gonna concede on this reason here. Upon further investigation of the above photo, the water line draft markings on the rudder are too far aft to be a 688. You are correct in your statements, and I did enjoy the healthy debate and the research involved. This is what keeps things lively. This former IC man now Nav ET (gaggg) can still be taught new tricks!

    Tim

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    I stand corrected on the 688 zincs -- you're right there, they had 'em. Should have looked at my drawings before spouting off about that.

    However, the picture above is a Boomer.

    I was one of the two Boat Diver's on the Webster Blue crew. Security swims means working the stern, so I know the territory. That thin-wire fairing leading from hull to horizontal stabilizer on the port side is like the one on the Webster (616 class). That's an S5W wheel back there, not a 688 prop.

    Your move.

    Leave a comment:

Working...