Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Isnt a "Tiffy" where somebody throws a fit?
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Albion
      Captain
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Rpmtech1
      Thats interesting. They named a sub Acheron... Like the ship in the movie "Master and Commander"
      Most brit vessels have recylced names. So probly how they chose the name acheron for M&C, look at one that been used, chances are it could have been used before.
      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
        Most brit vessels have recylced names. So probablly how they chose the name Acheron for M&C, look at one that been used, chances are it could have been used before.
        This is good stuff - for me. My dad was an ERA, and he was on the Acheron! I remember him often saying, "When I was on the Acheron-----"

You can see his service record here http://moonrakers.com/submarines/RJCaswellrecord2.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	RJCaswellrecord2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	64138
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Roddersuk
          Lieutenant
          • Sep 2011

A 'Tiffy' is the RN and REME term for an 'Artificer'. Tubal Cain being the first Artificer in metals.
          REME being the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers of the British Army.

Comment

• Scott T
            Commander
            • May 2009

Thank you for the definition Roddersuk.

Scott T

Comment

Working...