X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robert lipsett
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Mar 2010

where to purchase dive planes

I am working on a type 7 u boat it is about 5 1/2 feet long and I would like to find some dive planes for it that are made of resin or similar material. Where may I purchase such an item
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Which kit manufacture made this, or have you built it yourself?
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• robert lipsett
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Mar 2010

its a kit that is over 20 years old that I have been trying to build off and on. I can not remember who made the kit nor can I find the directions. it was supposed to have watertight built in compartments but they leaked badly so I ripped them and am putting in a wtc. I have wooden dive planes now but since it is being redone I thought that maybe I would update to something better and more water resistant

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Gotcha -if you post photos it might help too.

If you can figure out from the size of the boat you have the exact scale there might be a manufacturer of a current kit in that same scale who could sell you a set of planes. Other than that if you have plans and the original wooden ones you could coat the wooden planes in resin to W proof them or perhaps make your own from making a master and moulding them.

J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• robert lipsett
          Lieutenant, Junior Grade
          • Mar 2010

Click image for larger version

Name:	robuboat 004..jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	58396Click image for larger version

Name:	robuboat 011..jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	58397

5 1/2 feet long. My hole in the water into which I pour money. I want to get it finished

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Well I am not the U-boat expert, but that does not look entirely scale to me - others jump in here.

Robert - you need to work out what scale that is - measure it exactly (i.e. is it exactly 5 1/2 feet) and then compare that against what type 7 it is meant to be. With scale know there may be a manufacturer that makes a kit that might be able to sell you dive planes.

J
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• robert lipsett
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Mar 2010

yes it is exactly 5 1/2 inches it is smaller then a 1/32 model which would be 82 inches long

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by robert lipsett
                yes it is exactly 5 1/2 inches it is smaller then a 1/32 model which would be 82 inches long
                Oh, for Christ's sake!

Make 'em yourself and stop using up my band-width! How hard does this have to be?

Or ...

... Go to your local Dive Plane supply store and buy a set!

David,
                Last edited by Outrider; 04-07-2010, 08:50 AM.
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Rick Teskey
                  Lieutenant Commander
                  • Jan 2009

cut a pair out of card board too size and shape that looks good and fit .
                  Next transfer shape too some 1/8 thick fiberglass sheet or styreene or brass sheet and cut a slot for a shaft , glue shaft in place and fill with resin or glass bondo and finish sanding too shape, encapsulate in resin and paint, that should work.
                  You are doing a 1 off not a production kit or use brass sheet and make 2 pieces and sandhich the shaft between them and solder together and fill and sand .
                  You are not making a museum quality piece and if anybody does not like what you have done tell them too polietly go f*** them selves, it works for you and you made it your self !!!
                  Rick

Comment

Working...