X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Dive-in to Summer 2010

Submerge at St Albans. Date for the event is Sunday June 13th 2010 10am-4pm. Cheap bar, a nice sunny aspect with a 100ftx60ft pool of crystal clear water, and free on-site parking.

The pool will be filled earlier this year, so we should have it full to the brim this time round.

£5 per person in advance £1 spectators. £10 per person on the day, £2 spectators.

Any profits made will be refunded to those on the day, however those who pay and don't turn up will have to forfeit. This is only fair to those who make the effort to come along.

• Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Taken at the 2009 dive-in.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Best u/w shots I've seen to date. And the music was perfect!

More! ...

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

This is the latest flick from the 4th October Dive-in at Brockwell Lido. The ATC3K is over exposing a bit- a very bright day indeed. An ND filter would cure this, but you can't fit one easily to that camera.

Check out the R/C swimmers. All the music is from 'The Hunt for Red October' soundtrack.

A few more to look at here-

Last edited by Subculture; 12-07-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

What fantastic stuff! ... I was born on the wrong Continent!

David,
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
            Captain
            • Dec 2008

Damm tempting, I must try and fit it in with my UK trip this time around. I was in St A in September, "Ye Olde Fighting Cocks", which is about 30mins from my parents place.

Originally posted by Merriman
            What fantastic stuff! ... I was born on the wrong Continent!
            David,
            Just drink some warm beer, it will put you in the right frame of mind :)
            Last edited by Albion; 12-09-2009, 02:48 AM.
            Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
              Damm tempting, I must try and fit it in with my UK trip this time around. I was in St A in September, "Ye Olde Fighting Cocks", which is about 30mins from my parents place.

Nice old town. Well, it was nice 40 years ago when I used to stay in an hotel in the High St. A Bernie Inn I think. It was all wonky floors and oak beams with a little courtyard. Damned good steaks, roast potatoes, a roaring fire, and an excellent bitter ale. I worked in sales for Bowyers Meat Foods, who had a depot in the town. Was the Bernie Inn called Ye Olde Fighting Cocks?
              Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Subculture
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Technically a city- has a Cathedral.

I must have walked past that pub a thousand times. It's a very old boozer, more about it here-

Don't think it was ever connected with Bernie inns to be honest, actually I'm pretty sure it's a freehouse, although it might be a McMullens (not my favourite brewer)

I never like cold bitter, ruins the taste IMO.

Comment

• Albion
                  Captain
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by kazzer
                  Nice old town. Well, it was nice 40 years ago when I used to stay in an hotel in the High St. A Bernie Inn I think. It was all wonky floors and oak beams with a little courtyard. Damned good steaks, roast potatoes, a roaring fire, and an excellent bitter ale. I worked in sales for Bowyers Meat Foods, who had a depot in the town. Was the Bernie Inn called Ye Olde Fighting Cocks?
                  I remember the Bernie well, it was one of the first in the country, and my parents took me there for treats, its now a thai restaurant (Andy go down the high street, turn right at the lights towards the cathedral and its at the top of the hill).

I use the Cocks a lot, as i have quite a few friends in london, so rather than go allthe way there or vice versa the cocks is a good midway point, plus its little history angle is always good.

Always plenty of posh totty in St A as well, but thats another story!
                  Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Subculture
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

Are you referring to Holywell Hill?

Comment

• Albion
                      Captain
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
                      Are you referring to Holywell Hill?
                      The bit i call the high street isnt the high street :(
                      Down st peters, turn right into high street, then dont take the right fork, go straight,

Its marked thai square!!!

The fighting Cocks is a 5min walk from there

Comment

• Subculture
                        Admiral
                        • Feb 2009

Okay, I see where you mean now.

Comment

• Subculture
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

You will be pleased to hear upon visiting St Albans Sub Aqua Club tonight, I found the pool filled to the brim and gin clear- perfect.

Taken tonight.

Another shot, note the 1:1 human subs- wonder if they're fitted with levellers?

You can see all the way to the bottom! (9 feet)

The bar is well stocked, with real ale and lagers on draft, soft drinks and spirits for those who prefer to preserve their waistline! Bar snacks are also available, although I suggest you bring a packed lunch.

This will be my last posting before the event, so to those that have already signed up, see you there. To those who have been wavering, you have four more days to get your money to me to benefit from the reduced rate.

The weather forecast is showing high pressure, so fingers crossed the sun will be shining on the day. I will be there from 9:00am, anyone turning up early may be drafted into lending a hand putting out the tables! ;)

There will be some small topical road signs close to the venue, so keep your eyes peeled for the little black submarines which point the way.

Andy

Comment

• Slats
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Aug 2008

Andy - have an absolutely great w/end. You nearly had me there, yes no BS. We had a low cost airline spring a deal between Melbourne and LHR for just $240. As you'd expect tickets got snatched up in minutes.

I am very jealous. May you have great weather and loads of fun.

Best
                            john
                            John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
                            Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Well you would certainly have won the prize for longest distance travelled!

There may be an event next year that will eclipse the Dive-ins.

If the venue can be secured it should appeal internationally, and I would like to have it run over a whole weekend.

No more details,as I wouldn't want to build hopes until the location is confirmed one way or the other.

Comment

Working...