• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RCSubGuy
    Welcome to my underwater realm!
    • Aug 2009

Calling Mr. Merriman - Gimbaled prop advice needed

Dave,

I'm doing an R/C conversion for a 31" Nautilus using one of your Seawolf WTC's (which works great, BTW!). Instead of going with conventional planes, I decided (in a fit of insanity) to give a gimbaled prop a try for pitch control.

Do you think that this will give me enough pitch control, based on the throw in the following pictures?
    Attached Files
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SubHuman
    Dave,

I'm doing an R/C conversion for a 31" Nautilus using one of your Seawolf WTC's (which works great, BTW!). Instead of going with conventional planes, I decided (in a fit of insanity) to give a gimbaled prop a try for pitch control.

Do you think that this will give me enough pitch control, based on the throw in the following pictures?
    More than enough -- I found 3-5 degrees (total throw) to be plenty. But, don't pussy out on me ... why not make it a two-axis gimble. The N has a terrible turning radius with just that one rudder; couple the rudder to a yaw swinging propeller and you have a tight turning boat.

David,
    Attached Files
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• RCSubGuy
      Welcome to my underwater realm!
      • Aug 2009

KISS, baby.. KISS.

I'm gonna just add a little extension of clear plastic off the stock rudder. That should be more than enough for good turning. My big concern was pitch control. I'll just put it together and see what I can come up with!

Thanks, Dave! You da man!

Comment

Working...