X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

Bearings in type VII fittings kit

I hate to seem like such a cry baby, but I'm work the fittings kit for the type VIIC/41. I started to install the bearings in the bearing casting. The bearings supplied look like 1/8 ID but the propellers and propeller shafts are not 1/8? Am I missing something?

The kit is a great piece of work. Very impressive. I like it.

Jack
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Yes, it's bloody annoying, but the bearing is 1/8" diameter, and the shaft is 3/32"

There are two small lengths of brass tube in the Fittings Kit, which fit inside the brass bearing to take up that slack.

I'm still waiting for my two bits from the Wizard. (He who has spent the last week buggering about at some submarine do!)
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• pjdog
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

Yep. I see'em. Thanks.

jack

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

yeah, I know, it's a pain, but the smallest inside diameter Oilite bearing I can get is 1/8", that's why the need for the interfacing sleeves between shaft and bearing.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
          Captain
          • Dec 2008

we used to use 3/32 in slot cars, should be a source somewhere
          Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• roedj
            Captain
            • Sep 2008

You might try:

3/32 x 1/4 Axle Oilites Made for 3/32 axles and 1/4 dia. hole. These oilites are made to convert 1/8 axel size holes to fit 3/32 axles. ($1.70 pair)

Dan
            Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

Working...