X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redboat219
    Admiral
    • Dec 2008

Shrinking WTC

In the past commercially available WTCs in the market were about 3.5-3" in diameter. After a few years later 2.5-2" diameter WTC came out. Now There's David Merriman's 1.25" Sub-driver. I was wondering how small can WTC get. Will we see 1" or smaller WTCs next year?
    Make it simple, make strong, make it work!
  • toppack
    Rear Admiral
    • Nov 2008

Yes, I was wondering about this trend toward 'Pocket-Rockets' also? It must be the Economy driving things to smaller less expensive designs?
    Personally I think 'Bigger is Better', until it gets to the point that I run out of Space and Money. :)
    Rick L.
    --------------------------------------------
    * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
    Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by toppack
      Yes, I was wondering about this trend toward 'Pocket-Rockets' also? It must be the Economy driving things to smaller less expensive designs?
      Personally I think 'Bigger is Better', until it gets to the point that I run out of Space and Money. :)
      We're not abandoning larger SD's in favor of smaller. It's simply that the state-of-the-art in the production of electronic devices has gotten to the point where I can cram in the stuff needed to make a 1.25" SD (and the boats it will fit) feasible.

We will dominate both ends of the SD spectrum.

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• toppack
        Rear Admiral
        • Nov 2008

Ooh, we Like that word 'Dominate'! :D LOL :D
        Rick L.
        --------------------------------------------
        * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
        Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• Nuke Power
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

i think we can go smaller if the manufacturers are willing to make the highly specialized electronics to do it. Has anyone seen the Blade mcx mini heli. It is truely amazing.

Comment

Working...