X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DUNLOP
    Ensign
    • Jun 2015

Please help. I'm having trouble with torpedoes

I've bought two of the Merriman torpedo tubes for my submarine project. I took out the shuttles and now I cannot put them back in. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to put the small ball AND the shuttle back into the control tube. There's just no room to get the ball seated and then push the shuttle in, or to push the shuttle in and then fit the ball.

Is there a trick to doing this? They make it look like shuttle changeover is a "no brainer".
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by DUNLOP
    I've bought two of the Merriman torpedo tubes for my submarine project. I took out the shuttles and now I cannot put them back in. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to put the small ball AND the shuttle back into the control tube. There's just no room to get the ball seated and then push the shuttle in, or to push the shuttle in and then fit the ball.

Is there a trick to doing this? They make it look like shuttle changeover is a "no brainer".
    You people!

It is a no-brainer. I said so!

You're trying to introduce the locking ball through the shuttle cylinder -- bad hockey! You introduce the locking ball through the breech end of the torpedo tube. Duh!

Click image for larger version

Name:	119.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	98863 Click image for larger version

Name:	075.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	98864 Click image for larger version

Name:	096.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	98865 Click image for larger version

Name:	100.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	98866 Click image for larger version

Name:	102.jpg
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	98867 Click image for larger version

Name:	094.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	98868

Order of assembly is everything:

1. remove the breech block (loosen the interlink set-screw and pull the breech block clear of the launcher)
    2. install the shuttle and place it in the 'launch' position
    3. into the breech end of the tube, place the locking-ball into the hole for it and push it down to engage the shank of the shuttle
    4. re-install the breech block and cycle the launcher to the 'battery' condition (ready to launch)
    5. test
    6. five Hail-Marries and a promise to never trouble me again!

You people!

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
      Captain
      • Dec 2008

He failed to mention you need a team of elf slaves, and Jedi powers
      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Albion
        Captain
        • Dec 2008

Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
          It's a given. You DON'T have a stable of el*** slaves, and the Force (the Dark one, of course) working for you???!!!!!....

If this **** were easy, every Schmuck would be doing it.

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• DUNLOP
            Ensign
            • Jun 2015

Ouch. Didn't mean to offend you. Perhaps a good idea might be to include these instructions with future orders as it is definitely not a "no brainer" until after you've had it explained and have done it yourself. Oh, and "never troubling you again" - does that include ordering more units?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Ouch. Didn't mean to offend you. Perhaps a good idea might be to include these instructions with future orders as it is definitely not a "no brainer" until after you've had it explained and have done it yourself. Oh, and "never troubling you again" - does that include ordering more units?
              Touchy, touchy.

The instructions are adequate. You did not study them enough.

You thought I should help you out then give you a rim-job as a form of thanks?

Yeah, maybe you would be happier with a different supplier of 1/72 torpedoes.

Rotsa Ruck.

M
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

• DUNLOP
                Ensign
                • Jun 2015

Ah, c'mon David, if I wanted to give you $260 for a couple more torpedoes you'd sell them to me wouldn't you? I think this "I'm a real *******" routine of yours must just be your shtick! Down at your core you're a real teddy bear, right?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Ah, c'mon David, if I wanted to give you $260 for a couple more torpedoes you'd sell them to me wouldn't you? I think this "I'm a real *******" routine of yours must just be your shtick! Down at your core you're a real teddy bear, right?
                  Awerr shucks (tracing pattern in sand with big toe).

M
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                    Admiral
                    • Jul 2011

Dunlop,
                    You hit the nail on the head. David will test people and poke at them, but once you are past that, I have not met a more genuine, non phony, real person who will bend backwards to help you succeed. I have seen him (read some of the postings) take a Sub-Driver that a person has used for years and fix it for no charge. That is customer service. He truly wants to see those that desire to build a sub succeed. His gruffness puts some people off, but look beyond that and like you said he is a Teddy Bear. Since we are getting all mushy, group hug anyone?
                    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                      Dunlop,
                      You hit the nail on the head. David will test people and poke at them, but once you are past that, I have not met a more genuine, non phony, real person who will bend backwards to help you succeed. I have seen him (read some of the postings) take a Sub-Driver that a person has used for years and fix it for no charge. That is customer service. He truly wants to see those that desire to build a sub succeed. His gruffness puts some people off, but look beyond that and like you said he is a Teddy Bear. Since we are getting all mushy, group hug anyone?
                      **** all of ya!

M
                      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
                        Detail Nut of the First Order
                        • Sep 2010

Where are the old days of grumping?, and whipping or using a thistle, group hug?, YUK !!!!, i'm getting old.

Manfred.
                        I went underground

Comment

• trout
                          Admiral
                          • Jul 2011

Manfred, I am sorry, I blame the drugs I am on. What was I thinking, bring on the wrath!
                          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
                            Manfred, I am sorry, I blame the drugs I am on. What was I thinking, bring on the wrath!
                            I'm waiting till you're off the pain-med's. I want you to savor the beating I owe you.

Nothing personal. Just business, my friend.

M
                            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
                              Admiral
                              • Jul 2011

Duly noted.

Comment

Working...